Corsair Community

Vengeance 1500 Microphone Loopback problem

RyanM

Just got my Vengeance 1500 today, the first time i plugged them in without drivers installed the mic loopback worked then after installing the drivers and restarting my computer the Mic loopback no longer worked. I tried messing with the driver but nothing worked. I'm trying to get it to work with skype if that helps at all. Any help is appreciated.

• 1 month later...

Just found this thread through a Google search. I have the exact same problem and it seems that Corsair tech support can't answer this either!!

I bought the headset and plugged it in, installed drivers, no mic loopback whatsoever. However, when uninstalling the drivers the mic loopback feature comes back instantly. I can hear my voice when I talk with absolutely no delay. However, I now have no Corsair Vengeance software. Installed the drivers again, mic loopback disappears. Its obviously a bug with the drivers!

Tech support tried telling me that the mic loopback is a feature of windows. I know this is not the case because when using the feature they're talking about - there's a long delay between when I speak and when I hear it. Also, the volume of this loopback does not change when adjusting the volume in the corsair vengeance software, hence its not connected to windows in anyway.

How do we fix this problem. C'mon Corsair, one of the reasons I bought this headset over others was because of the mic loopback. Now I can't even use it!!

Seriously considering sending these back if I don't get a proper response soon...

• Corsair Employee
Microphone loop-back is also known in VOIP nomenclature as “sidetone” and in professional audio as “low or no latency monitoring” It enables the microphone signal to feed directly into the headphone amplifier without delay of going through the driver.

We have not seen this issue before in fact I have no problem and it makes little difference when I select it. I have asked our Audio team to see if they may know or have any suggestions, can you test the head sets on another system and see if the issue is still there?

We have not seen this issue before in fact I have no problem and it makes little difference when I select it. I have asked our Audio team to see if they may know or have any suggestions, can you test the head sets on another system and see if the issue is still there?

Thanks for your response. I have now tested this on two more separate systems (Windows 7), all of which have the same result. It appears that when first plugging the headset into the USB port, a window appears saying that it is downloading the drivers. When installing the driver the mic loopback immediately starts to work. However, as soon as windows starts installing the Corsair software the mic loopback stops completely.

From this experience and testing on these two machines, it appears that the driver works perfectly but the software suite seems to be breaking the mic loopback.

I have also tested this on an iMac and surprisingly (even though your website says this headset does not support macs), the mic loopback feature works perfectly.

I hope this information can help you on finding a solution to the problem.

I have this exact same problem, 0 loopback with the 1.1 installed on windows 7 x64, if I go into windows and enable the playback through the sound panel, I can hear myself talk, with long delays from speach to playback. the loopback slider in the corsair usb headset control pannel makes no adjustments to this either.

Another issue I seem to have with my keyboard, mouse and headset, K90-M90-V1500, if I plug them into my USB 3.0 ports the lights flash over and over but they do not work at all. I have the ASRocks Fatal1ty Extreme Gen 3 Mobo flashed with the latest bio's. And if I plug the M90 into the fatal1ty mouse port it isnt detected by the F-Stream Tuning app. This is more of a question about USB 3.0 and the corsair vengence devices. I will post in the appropriate threads on the other issues with the M90 and K90

• Corsair Employee
If you have a USB 2.0 Port I would use that port but there have been a few issues reported using USB 2.0 Devices on some USB 3.0 Ports. There is no indication that is a specific Issue that cannot be resolved with an update for for the HOST USB 3.0 driver.

Hey, not sure if this is your problem, or if it's more serious, but the mic loopback feature is disabled (well, muted) by default after the driver is installed. You can unmute it in under playback devices and levels for the headset in windows.

To be perfectly clear, I made a screenshot.

http://i.imgur.com/ehPgv.png

But make sure you increase the level for it after you unmute it as well. I've got the levels at 0 because I have no need for the feature. There is no delay at all with this loopback. (or shouldn't be)

Hope that sorts it out. If that wasn't the issue, then I have no idea :\

-titten

Edit: After you have unmuted it there, you can then also use the slider in the corsair control panel.

Hey, not sure if this is your problem, or if it's more serious, but the mic loopback feature is disabled (well, muted) by default after the driver is installed. You can unmute it in under playback devices and levels for the headset in windows.

To be perfectly clear, I made a screenshot.

http://i.imgur.com/ehPgv.png

But make sure you increase the level for it after you unmute it as well. I've got the levels at 0 because I have no need for the feature. There is no delay at all with this loopback. (or shouldn't be)

Hope that sorts it out. If that wasn't the issue, then I have no idea :\

-titten

Edit: After you have unmuted it there, you can then also use the slider in the corsair control panel.

@tittentei

thanks alot. i just did what u wrote, and it worked splendidly..

btw, i have one more question.. with the mic loopback now working, i tried to pressed the mute button on the headphone, does it not effect the mic loopback even when muted?

thanks! :)

From my testing, it doesn't effect mic loopback for some reason. I did find that odd, but I guess that's just how it was engineered. It might also be to make sure there is no delay whatsoever. Only Corsair can answer that though :)

Glad you got your problem sorted :)

-titten

Archived