Corsair Community

Problem with front intake fans Corsair 500R

ittesi259

Im not blaming the case yet, cause its likely user error....but I have no power to my front intake fans (no lights, no blade movement). I know I didn't plug their power into my motherboard....but I can't seem to find a power cable for them. I found the 3 pin extension to the side fan....Can anyone help me here? Did I miss something when hooking up the power, reset, and other switch jumpers?

I can't close my case till i have those fans working. Thanks for any help!!

I assume the side fan works, which means you connected the molex connector for the fans to your PS. If not, that's one possibility.

As I recall, you need to connect the front fans to a plug mixed in with the many cables from the front I/O panel. I can't recall if there is one connector for each front fan, since I did this only once. The cables from the fans are floating around somewhere in the front of the case.

If none of this helps, then you might have a wiring problem.

I currently don't have the side panels on so I don't know if it works or not....do the front fans get their power via a molex connector? I'll have go digging back in and see....my cable management isn't very great at the moment.

Extra question for thread.....is it possible to order a replacement USB 3 connector? My wire got snagged by another when I was running cables and broke the connector clear off. The header on the motherboard is fine....but my USB ports on front are out of commission.

I currently don't have the side panels on so I don't know if it works or not....do the front fans get their power via a molex connector? I'll have go digging back in and see....my cable management isn't very great at the moment.

Extra question for thread.....is it possible to order a replacement USB 3 connector? My wire got snagged by another when I was running cables and broke the connector clear off. The header on the motherboard is fine....but my USB ports on front are out of commission.

This is the connector for the fans on the 400R, I imagine the 500R has the same.

DSC00143.JPG

To replace the USB 3.0 ports you will have to change out the entire front I/O panel. It is not difficult and you can order it from Corsair for $10. You might try submitting a RMA and the might send it to you for free.

http://www.corsair.com/carbide-500r-case-front-i-o-panel-all-cables-and-connectors.html

Thanks I found it and got plugged in....thing was hiding behind another cable. I really need to rerun some of these I guess. Im getting something knocking the blades of the side fan causing noise when its higher then the lowest fan speed....anyone have any thoughts what might be doing that....almost sounds like the rubber holes where the screws go.

Also anyone know a good place to see either video or detailed isntructions on replacing a front i/o panel?

Archived