Corsair Community

Easy way to install push/pull fans on the H 100

randolla

I installed an H100 in my Corsair 800D case the other day. It took me a bit to figure out how to mount all the fans with out making myself crazy. Holding the top fans in place while you hold up the radiator can be tough. This is what I came up with and it worked like a charm. I opted for drawing in cold air from the top.

1. I mounted the bottom two (pull) fans on the radiator first. For all fans I used rubber fan gaskets which only made things harder (but quieter)

2.Then I used regular fan screws ( the short fat ones) to mount two corners of each fan (push) and gasket to the upper inside air grate of the case. This will hold the fans where I want them while I install the radiator.

3. I held the radiator up to the installed fans and the put in the long fan screws

in the empty corners of each top fan. This holds the radiator up there.

4. I then just removed the short regular fan screws and replaced them with the long screws and I was done.

Just make sure that the long screws you use or not too long or they will puncture the radiator.

You're right, that is a good method which can be used in a variety of situations. That is what I did when mounting a H60 to the rear fan vent of a PC case. Mount the fan first with two regular fan screws in opposite corners, and it is held in place just fine. Then hold the radiator against the fan and attach it with the long screws inserted though the empty fan mounting holes, and finally remove the regular fan screws and attach the remaining long screws.

Actually, as long as the screw mounting holes on the radiator are correctly located, you can't puncture the radiator with longer screws. The very thin fins that run horizontally across the radiator do not contain fluid, only the (12) wide vertical fins contain fluid, the thin ones are strictly for heat dissipation.

Archived