Corsair Community

Poor 120gb force 3 performance

Dwy

Can anyone help with this?

I enabled ahci mode today and my speed increased from 180mb/s to 220mb/s read speed. 180ish write. This is far off the 500mb/s it says on the box... my crucial m4 gets 520mb/s read speed... bit disapointed to be honest :(

anything I could try to help with my speed? I own a corsair 650d and the force is currently sitting in the top external drive bay (above the io panel) but it is plugged into a sata3 port on my mb..

ideas?

how much data do you have on the drive? your crucial m4 uses syncron flash as where the force 3 uses asyncron flash (force GT uses syncron). Asyncron drives get slower the more data are on the drives and dont come close to benchmark results in real-life-perfomance. Also keep in mind that benchmark speeds usual are taken from independant and empty drives where the OS is installed on another

What motherboard is it connected to?

If it's Intel, is it connected to Intel controller or Marvell/other 3rd party?

Do you have newest Intel Rapid Storage drivers installed?

What OS, has it been installed into the SSD and if not has it been optimized...?

What are you testing the speeds with?

You want someone to help you but you have provided little to no information...

What motherboard is it connected to?

If it's Intel, is it connected to Intel controller or Marvell/other 3rd party?

Do you have newest Intel Rapid Storage drivers installed?

What OS, has it been installed into the SSD and if not has it been optimized...?

What are you testing the speeds with?

You want someone to help you but you have provided little to no information...

its a p67a ud3p b3.

it only has 2 sata3 ports both on the intel chip. Why is this ssd getting poor performance compared to my other one?

its windows 7 64bit, using crystaldiskmark, no idea what an intel rapid storage driver is.

Thats because of the use of asynchronous NAND on these drives, I burned myself too buying one and I must say Im really dissapointed by the performance.

Next one will be with synchronous NAND, then speeds will be more as promised. As for ATTO, it means diddly squad in reallife, it just compressed data and then there is almost no difference with synchronous NAND drives, but when you throw uncompressable data a this SSD it chokes and almost goes back to HDD speeds, especially after some usage, ATTO doesnt use uncompressed and is just a way of making people believe stuff that isnt completely true, if you ask me. Use CrystalDiskMark or AS-SSD, those will show you the real speed of your SSD (in the 4k range, where speed matters the most).

All in all I dont recommend this SSD, nor any asynchronous NAND SSD, better get a Force GT, or another one that has synchronous NAND.

Archived