Corsair Community

TwinX 1024-3200XL Pro working on a Asus A8V Deluxe (Socket 939)?? URGENT!!

Vatar

Hi there, I bought an Socket 939 Mainboard with Athlon 64 3500+ and want to use the "TwinX 1024-3200XL Pro" Memory. But I heard that double-sided-modules did not work. Is this correct? Socket 940 was the same but testings by [url]www.tomshardware.com[/url] showed that it is working with the most (not all). Thanx -- Marc

refer to the manual but if memory serves me: slots 1 & 2 = dual channel (up to 400mhz) slots 3 & 4 = dual channel (up to 400mhz) slots 1, 2, 3, & 4 = dual channel @ 333mhz only slots 1 & 3 = single channel (up to 400mhz) slots 2 & 4 = single channel (up to 400mhz) in some cases you may have to change the "command rate" in bios from 1T to 2T in order to get things running in answer to your question though the av8 supports dual channel memory ;): i purchased corsair twinx2048-3200pt and will be out $580 if it doesn't work (won't know until i recieve my proc and video card) :eek:

Row, his question is about double sided modules, that is, modules that have ram chips on both sides, not dual channel. Also, memory is neither dual channel or single channel. It is a property of the memory controller in the chipset or the CPU.

• Corsair Employee
A8V Deluxe with the latest bios should run with these modules, but a few have reported they had to set the timings to Cass 2-3-2-6 and set the Dim Voltage 2.7 Volts! As the MB and bios mature I think you will see if run well with more aggressive timings!

First thanks for your help. Now I had another question: is it possible to damage the memory when changing the Ram Vcore? After a bios update i just have to change the Ram Vcore and set the "SDRAM Timing by SPD" to "disabled" and change the fields to "2-2-2-5" manually? thanks -- Vatar

• Corsair Employee
Just don't go over 2.9 Volts and you should be fine! And with this MB I would set the timings to Cass 2-3-2-5 with the Rass to Cass set to "3" and set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts and you should be fine!

Hmm.. But I bought this (expensive) memory because of the low timings and I want to use it with 2-2-2-5 (ok, the difference isn't big :o: ) . Why is this not possible? Or is it possible with a better bios, later?

Archived