Corsair Community

CMZ8GX3M2A1600C7R - Need Tweaking Tips!

Sean222

Need some tips on getting these running at 'tested latency' of 7-8-7-20 1.5v.

Got my VCCIO up to 1.18. They run stable at 7-8-8-24....but anything less will BSOD under stress.

Thanks!

Running Asus Max IV GeneZ/Gen3. Intel i7 2600k at 4.8ghz.

You might have to back your overclock down a little or settle for the timings you have. You can also add just a little more VCCIO and see if that helps.

tested latencies are speced for non overclocked CPU's. So you may not get tested speeds with high overclocks. Might have to sacrifice one or the other.

tested latencies are speced for non overclocked CPU's.

Didn't know that! I didn't think the overclock would affect the ram since the ram is still running at the same speed of 1600MHz. Alright, I will settle for the default timings...still happy at that speed. I just like to push every drop of performance out of it :)

Not many 1600MHz sticks give a 7.9 WEI at factory settings, so I'm happy :)

• Corsair Employees

It will really depend on the MB and CPU you use but in most systems running the memory at DDR1600 at Cas 7 will result in a slightly faster system than at Cas 9 at DDR1866.

However, DDR1600 at Cas 7 will normally require a higher memory Voltage to run at that speed and many of the newer Intel Chipsets will not support the required memory voltage of this part.

Archived