Corsair Community

Configuring Dominator to work with 1.6 volts at 1333 Mhz

memfinder

I've got an M4A88TD-M/USB 3 and a Dominator (2 x 4) 8GB CMP8GX3M2B1333C9. In my BIOS, the system is reading the DRAM frequency as 1067 MHz instead of 1333 MHz. How can I configure it correctly to where I can get to the advertised speed? I heard that with my particular RAM, you have to set it to 1.6 volts to get the right settings. All I need to know is how to

set all of the settings in BIOS correctly.

Here is the screenshot you've requested. I did look at the timings in CPU-Z and it seems to me that with the AMD system the voltage would stay the same when I looked at the SPD tab under the JDEC columns. Does this give me all of the information I need in order to set the right timings in BIOS? Note that I'm not trying to overclock.

Dominator_MemoryTimings.jpg.78b2971222935723dbad1e24b6404fba.jpg

So, In my case the highest setting would be JDEC #4, since I don't have an Intel CPU? It's strange, the timings on the box and every where I've looked say 9-9-9-24 but these readings are coming out different. Shouldn't each module be operating at the DRAM frequency to equal a total of 1333 MHz? I'm not sure if this data is even accurate. Honestly, this is the first time I've ever tweaked RAM timings before.

• Corsair Employee
By default the memory is getting set to DDR1066 so that is why the timings are showing at 8-8-8-24 1T. I would go to BIOS setup and load setup defaults and set the memory Voltage to 1.6 Volts and set the memory frequency to DDR1333 and set Command Rate at 2T. Then check them with CPU-Z under the memory Tab to see what they are running at.

In case you need to see this information, here it is. This is the SPD data I'm going by, before I even consider to change anything at all. I want to make completely sure that we're on the same page. The SPD reads 1.6 volts for XMP which I thought was only for Intel CPUs.

Dominator_SPD.jpg.4663e5de351a1263635d5eacce8451cb.jpg

My motherboard in particular supports up to 1333 MHz before overclocking to the best of my knowledge. Are you saying I would be overclocking the RAM if I were to set it to that DRAM frequency? Say I was to enter exactly the information in JDEC column #4 of the SPD from CPU-Z, would that also be overclocking? If that's the case, I don't even want to touch these settings because I don't want to burn out my system.

Archived