Corsair Community

PSU failure after less than 4 months...?

Crazy

I purchased a Corsair Professional HX850 just over a year ago, but did not put it into a machine for the first time until this past November. It worked as designed.

Earlier today I booted up my pc and started up Diablo III Beta :cool: but got distracted by the TV so I left then returned about 30minutes later. When I returned the computer was off. No lights on the motherboard were on either. I tried booting it and no luck. I tried clearing CMOS thinking maybe something happened with what I thought was a stable OC. That still had no effect. I tried eliminating parts from the system and kept trying to boot, no luck. I even tried a different graphics card. After all of this, I removed the PSU from the system and tried the pin test ("paper clip test") and had 3 HDDs connected as load, no response. The Fan did not even try to come to life. I was prepared to start testing voltages but seeing as the "paper clip test" didn't even fire it up, I am quite sure that the PSU is dead.

It lasted about 3 1/2 months. :(: It should be under warranty, being not even 2 years old yet, and was purchased from newegg.ca

So what are the steps I should follow for a return? And I rely on my system for my work and would really like it if I could get this system back running asap, is there a way to cross ship or do I just need to wait a painful 3 weeks?

Thanks,

Crazy

• Corsair Employees
Please use the link on the left and request an RMA then let me know the case number I will get it approved for you right away then once you have the RMA conformation email you can contact our customer service by phone (The Number is listed under contact on the main site) and request an Advanced RMA.

• Corsair Employees

Your RMA was issues 5 min after you made the request please check your spam folder as I have resent the conformation.

And yes an advanced RMA is something you can request to get the new PSU before you send the failing one back to limit your down time.

Archived