Corsair Community

H80 and 600T - confused about proper installation of fans for exhaust air flow

Revec

Hello everyone,

I have just about finished building my first PC and after reading numerous forum posts I'm still confused about the proper airflow direction required for both of the H80 fans. If I'm understanding this correctly, I believe the default fans airflow on the 600T is to have the front fan acting as an intake and the top fan working as an exhaust. I also understand that most people recommend the H80 be setup as an exhaust instead of Corsair's recommended Intake setup. So, in order to install the H80 as an exhaust, I leave the front and top fans alone and install the H80 where the rear fan would go with the arrows pointing out of the case like this for exhaust:

<-- fan 1 arrow direction/radiator/<-- fan 2 arrow direction

Is that correct? I would really appreciate your assistance as I don't won't to ruin my new PC by messing up the fan orientation. Thank you so much.

Ok, I just wanted to make sure I understood that correctly.

Regarding the temps being higher in the case, is that a problem since I'll be using this PC mainly to play games? Would setting at as intake be better?

The point of using the H80 setup for intake is so the coolest possible air is used to cool the radiator, and the CPU. The air inside the case is likely warmer than outside air, due to the heat produced by all the components inside the PC. In most cases, that is exactly the situation. The more heat produced by one or more video cards, the more likely the air inside the case will be warmer, and more warmer when gaming. This only affects the CPU temperature, so if the CPU temperature is not a problem or your top priority, the choice is yours.

I use my H60's as intake, pulling air in from the outside. My case also has two large fans in the top of the case, so the air that is heated by the radiator is immediately pulled out of the case. Your case has a large exhaust fan in the top, and would work exactly the same way, IMO.

Archived