Corsair Community

Corsair H80 Problem

icehawk940

So i picked up an H80 hooked everything up I plugged the 3 pin into one of my fan headers and plugged in the 4 pin molex. Start up my pc and it starts screaming at me No cpu fan is detected. So i tried every single fan header and no matter what i get that error. Am I missing something? I am using asus p8z68-v lx motherboard. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The simple answer is the three pin fan connector from the pump must be connected to the CPU Fan header, or you'll get that error from most mother boards. That connector, which is used to monitor the pump speed, also supplies a connection to the CPU Fan header, so the BIOS does not think the CPU fan is dead or not installed. If you tried moving and connecting it while the alarm was on, it probably would not stop until you rebooted. Connect it to the CPU fan header, and reboot.

For the savvy user, in some BIOS, you can disable the CPU fan monitoring so the alarm won't go off. The connector from the pump can then be connected to any fan header, or not at all if you don't care to check the pumps speed. Or you can connect a case fan to the CPU Fan header, and you won't get the alarm. It's a good idea at least at first to check the pumps speed, which should be ~2000 RPM, just to make sure it is working well.

Archived