Corsair Community

Ram advice

Busterbvi

• Corsair Employee
Actually his MB takes DDR3 and all of the DDR3 memory we produce at this time will be using a higher density memory IC than what your MB will support. I would get a list of compatible memory from the MB maker but I am sorry we may not have memory that will work with this system.

The 790i ultra IS listed, the 780 is DDR2 and the 790i is DDR3 and are worlds apart. I see the list of compatible RAM but the specs do not state if it is EPP2and SLI ready.

Ram Guy, can you come back and clarify this EPP2 and SLI ready thing ?

I am using 4 gb of CMP4GX3M2A1600C9 and it works fine, the BIOS wanted to default to 1333 mhz so I set it maually to 1600 mhz because that is what the module side

sticker says ! I also set the voltage to 1.65v, did I do the right thing ?

Busterbvi.

• Corsair Employee
We have never produced DDR3 that has EPP Profiles only XMP. And I am sorry but all or our current production memory will not work in that MB we use 512M X 8 Memory IC's and according the specs of that cheipset it will support a max of 256M X 8 memory IC's.

Ram Guy, thanks for the quick response, can I ask you to take a look at Nvidia Technical Brief # TB-03896-001_v01 released in March 2008.

I am sure I remember seeing Corsair modules bearing the SLI Ready logo ?

Can you confirm I did the right thing with my memory spped and voltage (see above)

Busterbvi.

The 790i ultra IS listed, the 780 is DDR2 and the 790i is DDR3 and are worlds apart. I see the list of compatible RAM but the specs do not state if it is EPP2and SLI ready.

Sorry about that. I'm not sure how i missed that. My apologies for the wrong info:)

I am using 4 gb of CMP4GX3M2A1600C9 and it works fine, the BIOS wanted to default to 1333 mhz so I set it maually to 1600 mhz because that is what the module side

sticker says ! I also set the voltage to 1.65v, did I do the right thing ?

Yes this is correct! As long as things are stable you should be good to go!

Thank you gentlemen, appreciate your help.

Ramguy, please take a look at that Nvidia Brief I mentioned, just Google it and it pops up, I know it was 4 years ago but Nvidia were getting all exited about this EPP2 SLI ready memory !!

I would be interested in your feedback on this.

Thanks again, Busterbvi.

• Corsair Employee
Well A lot has changed in four years and 4 years ago that may have been the case but currently and in recent years there have been no MB's using Non Intel chipsets so the only MB's using EPP or EPP2 AKA SLI Ready Memory were AMD based MB's and since AMD systems only supported DDR1333 so there was no need to produce SLI ready memory.

Archived