Corsair Community

Corsair VS1GBKIT400 memory compatible with Asus A7N8X Deluxe rev. 2.0?

Firestreak

I want to upgrade my memory to 1 Gigabyte, but that proves more difficult then it would seem. I currently run Corsair TWINX512-3200LLPT v1.1 with the famous Winbond BH-5 chips on it; runs smooth as an androids bottom. ;): The memory is currently running 2-3-2-5 @ 400 MHz (200 MHz FSB) and I’ve run prime95 on it for multiple hours without any errors. Unfortunately, those chips are: - Very expensive (about twice the cost of value priced ram) - Very hard to get (due to the fact Winbond stopped producing them) I already tried TwinMOS and Transcend ram at various voltages/timings, but they give me BSOD’s all the time (at least at 400 MHz). The [URL=http://www.asus.com/prog/spec.asp?m=A7N8X%20Deluxe]memory compatibility table on Asus’ site[/URL] seems very outdated because it almost only lists modules with BH-5 chips. Now my question: Is the Corsair VS1GBKIT400 memory compatible with my Asus A7N8X Deluxe rev. 2.0, and I mean that exact same version (not rev. 1.x)! Has to run at 400 MHz, timings not a big deal. Has anyone actually tested this? If so, with what timings/frequency did you get is stable at (Prime95/memtest86)?

Archived