Corsair Community

Voyager MINI Slow Write Speed compared to another Voyager MINI

mwhdvm

I have purchased 4 32GB Voyager Mini drives. I have found that all of them work but 1 of the drives (possibly 2) writes very slowly compared to the others. I use them in an ultrasound machine and the file sizes are consistent and I save hundreds of images a day. I'm very used to how long it takes to write a file. One of the drives (possibly 2) seems to bog the ultrasound machine down for 1-2 seconds when it begins to write when compared to one of the other drives which writes very quickly with almost no delay.

Is there a solution to fix this? I formatted the slowest drive in my MacAir but it didn't seem to change anything.

Thank you

I did as you suggested and I also downloaded a flash memory speed test app. What kind of write speeds should I expect from these drives. The main drive I use every day in my ultrasound machine writes at ~23mb/s and reads at ~33mb/s. The other 3 drives I have all write at ~14mb/s and read at ~22mb/s. It is a noticeable difference when compared to the first drive in how these perform. What is an expected write/read speed?

Thank you!

Archived