Corsair Community

Corsair HS1 USB headset playing output

steebuu

My corsair HS1 headset has recently begun playing output instead of microphone input, so whenever I talk, people only hear what I'm hearing, rather than what I'm saying.

I have tried re installing the driver, and re installing Windows 7. The problem persists. I have tested the headset on a separate laptop, where it works just fine.

The problem arose rather randomly. I was using my computer and talking to friends over Ventrilo just fine when I took a five minute break, came back, and found the problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have you changed what USB port you are using or updated any drivers that may change anything? (For example, if you update you GPU drivers you will usually get a driver for a fake soundcard installed without any notice that it may mess things up. This is commonly the HDMI passthrough for audio.)

That it happens only on the first system and not the laptop is an indicator that despite sounding crazy, the system in question likely has the problem while the laptop clearly does not.

Are you using the original HS1 driver or the HS1/Vengeance 1500 driver? (1.0 or 1.1)

Have you changed what USB port you are using or updated any drivers that may change anything? (For example, if you update you GPU drivers you will usually get a driver for a fake soundcard installed without any notice that it may mess things up. This is commonly the HDMI passthrough for audio.)

That it happens only on the first system and not the laptop is an indicator that despite sounding crazy, the system in question likely has the problem while the laptop clearly does not.

Are you using the original HS1 driver or the HS1/Vengeance 1500 driver? (1.0 or 1.1)

I have tried swapping USB ports, to no avail. I'm using the FS1/Vengeance 1500 1.1 Driver.

I'll try updating my GPU drivers. Thanks for the advice!

Turns out my headset was not working fine on the other laptop, as I was merely recording with that laptop's built in microphone. Sorry for any confusion.

I assume this means I have a problem with the headset itself. Is there any way for me to remedy this, or am I going to have to grab a new headset?

In that case I suggest an RMA as the best fix for you. I know of nothing besides a broken headset that could make it work like that.

(The "Request an RMA" link on the left side is what you need.)

Good luck with the replacement.

*Edit* You should try disabling the HDMI passthrough that your GPU pretends is a soundcard. It is a long-shot, but you could be lucky.

Archived