Corsair Community

K8T Neo V1.1 and Corsair XMS TWINX 1024 - 3200LL PRO problem

andy_mac

i have just had my new system built, here is the spec :- Motherboard = MSI K8T NEO-FIS2R Cpu = AMD ATHLON 64 3400 Ram = CORSAIR XMS TWINX 1024 - 3200LL PRO Video Card = MSI GEFORCE FX 5900 NBOX 256MB Psu = THERMALTAKE 480 WATT(SILENT PURE POWER SERIES) the problem is the system will not run with the memory at ddr400 and even at ddr333 the system is very unstable and programs / games crash on the face of it it looks like a graphics card problem, but the card checks out ok, i have seen many people complaining about this motherboard and memory and i need help to set my system up with the correct voltages / settings. i have upgraded my motherboard bios to version 1.70 and my graphics card has the bios version 4.35.20.22.00 with driver version 4403 i bought this expensive memory because on the Corsair website it said it was compatible with my motherboard, but now i am doubting it.... :mad:

• Corsair Employee
Please set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, and then test the module again with wwww.memtest86.com Ver 3.1a one at a time! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! In addition with 2 modules, you would need to install them in slots 1-3 as well!

Archived