Corsair Community

Asus P4C800-E Deluxe + Corsair TwinX 4000 (2x 512 Mb)

Shaidar

Are these 2 compatible with each other?? When I select "configure by SPD" in my P4C800-E Deluce's BIOS (latest 1.16), and I boot Windows XP XP1, the system hangs after 10 minutes... Mouse isn't moving, Mp3 stops playing ... Power off/on is the only way out... When I select the DRAM settings manually, and choose very loose timings (3-4-4-8) and run at default speeds (800Mhz FSB, 400Mhz Dram), the system hangs when I lanch CPU-Z 1.23. And I can't choose "turbo" settings in the P4C800-E's bios (pat stuff) .. the system won't boot when selecting this ... Also: I noticed that the memory brand and model isn't displayed in Sisoft S.A.N.D.R.A 2004 SP2 ([url]http://www.damn.be/pictures/Sandra2004-CorsairTwinX4000.jpg[/url]) Is this normal? Do I have a bad TwinX set? I'm very dissapointed, I just spend 300 euro's on this set ... I could cry :(

• Corsair Employee
Please try and set the timings manually to the tested settings Cass 3-4-4-8 and I would set the Dim Voltage to 2.85 Volts as well. If you are over clocking your CPU please make sure that you have enough room to O.C. to 250 MHz! 2.4 or 2.6C CPU's would be the only CPU's that we have seen able to hit 250 MHz consistently! But I would start with default settings and work your way up slowly and you will need to add some active cooling to the chipset as well as have a good quality PSU!

Ok, thanks, I'll try .... seems like the system is stable now (played some games, never crashed) Settings for the DRAM in the bios are: DRAM RAS# latency: 3 DRAM RAS# latency: 4 DRAM RAS# to CAS# : 4 DRAM Precharge delay: 8 DRAM burst length: 4 Is this last setting (burst length) correct? I'm running at 2.75v now, i'll try that 2.85v setting today ... I have a 460W Enermax power supply, that should do, no? And last question: What do you mean with active cooling? Do I need to install some active cooling on the northbridge?? My P4C800-E has only passive cooling on his northbridge and even no cooling whatsoever on the southbridge ... Should I change this? Oh and RAM guy, thanks a million! This is what we all customers mean with 'service' ... really! 2 big thumbs UP!!! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hello theramguy ... :) Well, there are still some problems .. Everytime I launch CPU-z or wcpuid, my system freezes up. And with my other memory (Apacer) I didn't have this problem. Can this be due to faulty settings in my BIOS? But all the settings are exactly how you described them, exept for the FSB, I only overclocked to 230Mhz (460 Mhz DDR, 920Mhz FSB) ... Any idea? Would a reinstall of Windows help? This installation was done with that Apacer memory installed ...

Archived