Corsair Community

H100 fan speed up and down frequently.

picodroid

To start: Yes, I did see the sticky on the lot sold in the US. My H100 is not from the lot with the known issue.

I just installed the H100 last night. I cut a space in the left side of the case door to allow airflow for both 120mm fans on my ######## 300 and drilled some mounting holes. The fans are on the outside of the case, threading through the holes to the radiator which is mounted on the inside. I did it this way for easier installation and removal in such a (relatively) small case.

Temps are excellent, barely breaking 30*C under normal use. The thing is, every ~10-20 seconds the fans rev up creating loud fan noise. It goes from a mild, almost inaudible hum, to what I would assume is 75% the fan's capable speeds in a matter of 1-2 seconds. It persists at these speeds/noise level for about 5~10 seconds, then drops only to return after another ~20 seconds and keeps cycling like this.

All my PC specs should be included in my profile... first post here so not sure where they show up but I did fill them out. Again, all temps ok, just

Rex I have EXACTLY the same shing as you, also exactly the same fans.... PL-2 FTW! I have 7 of those in my build =D

Hooked them up to a fancontroller and stopped caring. Thought it was just my unit but apparently there might be a compatibility issue with those PL-2's. Have you tried the original fans? I never did...

Sorry tyrannosaurus, not what I'm having.

I'm using the stock fans, have it set to level 2 on the head sink/pump module itself. They speed steadily and ramp up. It does it consistently while being used, going back and forth within 30 seconds. When completely idling (ie, no user input on the computer and no programs in the foreground running) it might be more like a minute between high/low cycles.

It seems as if the HSF is detecting a temp increase and over compensating by drastically kicking up fan speed to keep the temp as close to 30*C as possible, once it hits that point it drops way back down. It's like it's having a hard time finding the sweet spot on the RPMs of the fans to keep a steady speed while keeping the temps down.

Archived