Corsair Community

H70 CPU Fan Error

ssj4mo

I'm running an Intel i7 2600k on an Asus P8P67 Deluxe with a Corsair H70 in my 650D. I installed the H70 about 6 months ago. Yesterday, the CPU fan stopped working, and my temps shot up from ~30 to ~70. I checked all of the connections, and everything is fine. I rebooted, and my BIOS warns me right away that the CPU fan is not working. The unit was purchased at Microcenter in Westbury just several months ago.

The radiator fans are working properly, and the heat sync is mounted properly, but I can't figure out the problem. Is this an issue that's been seen before? I know that the CPU fan port works because I plugged a different fan into it to just check.

I don't know what to do; I need to use my computer but don't want to risk ruining the CPU. Hopefully there's an easy solution to this, because if not, I'm going to have to go buy a brand new one tonight after work.

Thank you for your time, whoever responds with any information.

-Chris

• Corsair Employees

Were you plugging the Pump into the CPU Fan header? If so the fan should be plugged into that port and the Pump should be in a chassis or Power Fan header.

If the problem continues please use the link on the left and request an RMA and we can replace it. You can contact our customer service by phone and request an advanced RMA once you have the RMA conformation email.

Archived