Corsair Community

Corsair Vengeance M90 Buttons Problem.

Zyurat

Hello, I just bought a Corsair Vengeance M90 Gaming Mice and I have some problems.

For example, for every game, it only detects the left click, right click, wheel and 2 left buttons at the side (the common ones to forward and go back on the browser) but when I try to use any of the others not mentioned in any game, it just doesn't detect them when I press them.

But the weird thing is, the mice detects some of them when it comes to the software, for example, the buttons to switch between profiles and the ones that take control of the DPI work and get detected on the computer. Why is that? is that common?

Edits:

I tried with Hardware Playback, same result.

-------

It seems when I DON'T use Hardware Playback, it works on Windows but not in-game, when I use Hardware Playback, it doesn't work in ANY game or Windows.

-------

Correction: When I don't use Hardware Playback, it works on Windows and COD. But when I try to macro a key, instead of binding "mouse6", "mouse7" it binds "CTRL". What the...?

-------

On Dungeon Defenders it doesn't work in any way.

-------

On Killing Floor it doesn't work in any way.

-------

On Dead Island it doesn't work in any way.

-------

I saw this guide and I saw in an image that there are some options, like "prone", "crouch", and "toggle fire". I don't see them even when I add the game to the profiles and select the LED light.

If this doesn't get fixed, I'll officially send this mouse back. I can't be just spending hours trying to do what EVERY mouse has to do without having these problems.

You have to use the Beta 2.12 software and enable Hardware playback to get your Macros to work in (I believe) every game. However, there are a few oddities of the M90 which aren't well documented.

I've written a guide how to get yours working and understanding how the M90 works with Hardware playback, hope it helps!

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=103683

You have to use the Beta 2.12 software and enable Hardware playback to get your Macros to work in (I believe) every game. However, there are a few oddities of the M90 which aren't well documented.

I've written a guide how to get yours working and understanding how the M90 works with Hardware playback, hope it helps!

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=103683

I saw this guide and I saw in an image that there are some options, like "prone", "crouch", and "toggle fire". I don't see them even when I add the game to the profiles and select the LED light.

As you can see in my post, I saw your guide. Nothing helped.

As you can see in my post, I saw your guide. Nothing helped.

Oh... missed that sorry.

And... Those macros have to be made, named, and recorded by yourself. The M90 comes with no such profile nor macros by default...

From your description it looks like you are doing something wrong somewhere...? :confused: You say you add the game to the profiles but you can't even do that on the M90 (unless you are talking about assigning an application)

Oh... missed that sorry.

And... Those macros have to be made, named, and recorded by yourself. The M90 comes with no such thing by default...

From your description it looks like you are doing something wrong somewhere...? :confused: You say you add the game to the profiles but you can't even do that on the M90 (unless you are talking about assigning an application)

Yes, I assigned an application, but that doesn't seem to work.

I recorded them differently, but I can't see such things as "prone" or "crouch" (I can see them on your post) and I can only configure them on the program. The buttons just don't get detected on the games or detect CTRL (Only in CoD, on any other games just doesn't work).

Ah... Forget about the application assignment for now.

Did you follow my guide to the letter? (I.e. re-flash your firmware and enable hardware playback before importing your own custom profiles and then saving to the M90? Also, did you read the user guide? It's recommended to have some delays inbetween your macros because some games will not register them if there is no delay at all.

I can send you my own profiles for you to try if you want though!

Ah... Forget about the application assignment for now.

Did you follow my guide to the letter? (I.e. re-flash your firmware and enable hardware playback before importing your own custom profiles and then saving to the M90? Also, did you read the user guide? It's recommended to have some delays inbetween your macros because some games will not register them if there is no delay at all.

I can send you my own profiles for you to try if you want though!

I'd love to flash it and see if it gets fixed. If it doesnt, can you send me your profiles?

So.. you didn't flash your M90? Make sure you do and follow my guide step by step!

And yup I can send them to you if after flashing you still have problems.

I read it again and tried everything I could, the mouse itself it's brand new, it doesn't even have a week so there's not much to do. I noticed this yesterday when I tried to macro a key.

Can you send me the flash? I think that'll fix it.

Edit: the delay is the default, 50ms.

I read it again and tried everything I could, the mouse itself it's brand new, it doesn't even have a week so there's not much to do. I noticed this yesterday when I tried to macro a key.

Can you send me the flash? I think that'll fix it.

Edit: the delay is the default, 50ms.

Well, you HAVE to follow my guide to the letter.. Not flashing the firmware means missing a step.

Sent you a PM with the firmware flash link tho! Be sure not to miss any steps and go in sequence.

Well, you HAVE to follow my guide to the letter.. Not flashing the firmware means missing a step.

Sent you a PM with the firmware flash link tho! Be sure not to miss any steps and go in sequence.

Thank you!

How did you do to have the "Crouch" and "Prone" options in the mouse?

Thank you!

I have to install the beta update again as well in order to follow your instructions? (I uninstalled the beta update before flashing)

Yes. I recommend you do this before anything else: Backup your profiles (if any)

install and flash the firmware M90

then uninstall your v1.0 software

restart your computer

then install the 2.12 Beta software

and proceed from there.

Thank you!

How did you do to have the "Crouch" and "Prone" options in the mouse?

Those are custom macros. You need to create your own macros. Read the M90 instruction guide (sticky can be found here in the forums) on how to do that. (And i recommend you read the whole thing anyhow on how to use the software properly)

Yes. I recommend you do this before anything else: Backup your profiles (if any)

install and flash the firmware M90

then uninstall your v1.0 software

restart your computer

then install the 2.12 Beta software

and proceed from there.

Just done it and opened MW3. It detects Mouse4 and Mouse5 only when I try to bind reload to Mouse15. Hardware Playback is enabled but still I can't do anything.

Edit: It seems we tried to respond at the same time, sorry.

Just done it and opened MW3. It detects Mouse4 and Mouse5 only when I try to bind reload to Mouse15. Hardware Playback is enabled but still I can't do anything.

Edit: It seems we tried to respond at the same time, sorry.

You must be doing something wrong somewhere... Aside from asking you to follow my guide to the letter I can't really help much more...

Here's my current macros for Battlefield 3. You can try it in COD but since button configurations will differ, you can perhaps try opening a chat window in COD and then pressing the buttons which have macros mapped to them. Prone will type out a "Z", and Crouch an "X".

http://www.mediafire.com/?cf15zp9f42cc2lp

I suggest you import my xml profile 6 times into the software so that you have 6 total copies of it, and then save them all to the M90, just to test it for yourself first.

Those are custom macros. You need to create your own macros. Read the M90 instruction guide (sticky can be found here in the forums) on how to do that. (And i recommend you read the whole thing anyhow on how to use the software properly)

I now FULLY understand the mouse! Thank you kind sir!

I wish there was a REP fuction in the forum, I'd love to give you since you were the only one that helped me.

Just one more doubt, example, COD. It doesn't detect Mouse15 when I try to bind it, but can I still use it? I mean, I just macro'd Mouse15 with R (Reload) in the Corsair Program. will it work even if it doesn't detect it when I try to bind it as an alternate key to Reload in the game?

• Corsair Employees

Thank you for helping Zyurat.

You will need to set macros for the buttons which are not mapped default by windows.

For your COD reload, you would macro button 15 to your keyboard key of R. Make sure you are using hardware playback. Also the game may require a certain delay timing for that macro.

I now FULLY understand the mouse! Thank you kind sir!

I wish there was a REP fuction in the forum, I'd love to give you since you were the only one that helped me.

Just one more doubt, example, COD. It doesn't detect Mouse15 when I try to bind it, but can I still use it? I mean, I just macro'd Mouse15 with R (Reload) in the Corsair Program. will it work even if it doesn't detect it when I try to bind it as an alternate key to Reload in the game?

No problem! Glad I could help!

Also, as RAM GUY has mentioned, try using the default delay option for your R (reload) macro. You can refer to the software to guide you on how to do that. So, your macro should look like this:

<Button down> R

0.050 seconds delay

<Button up> R

and as always, you need hardware playback enabled, and you need to re-save your modified profile to the M90's onboard memory, AND you must make sure the currently active profile LED light corresponds to your COD custom profile with the Reload macro!

Archived