Corsair Community

Intermittent Beeps and 8.8.8.8s

leondobr

My Hydrocool works fine, but now that the hot weather is setting in, I've been getting Beeps and flashing 8.8.8.8 messages from time to time. Once this starts, if I jiggle the unit or the cables it usually stops. Seems (very unscientific) to happen when the display temp stays above 78degF for awhile. Fluid level is fine, pump and fan work fine, although usually the fan revs up when the message appears. I took the unit cover off and there were no obvious problems. I did wipe a little dust off the fan blades. Yesterday was cooler and the display didn't get above 75degF and there were no beeps or messages. This morning it was hotter and I got the messages at 78degF, but it was fine for quite awhile before it hit this temp (an hour at least). Once the 8.8.8.8's start, jiggling the unit or the water cables seem to stop it for awhile, sometimes for the rest of the session. Any ideas?

Sounds like some kind of failure on the HC's circuit board. Did you try running the self diagnostics on the HC? You can find how in the manual. If the unit is still under warranty, I would call Corsair for repair or replacement. :(:

Yes, I did all the tests to power off and they all were normal. The temperature never changes, either. Once the 8.8.8.8s and beeps end, it reads 78degF just as before. Seems every summer someting starts acting flakey with my computers. I've got an industrial voltage conditioner on the power line to guard against air conditioning surges, so I don't think that'd be a problem.

I had the same issue a while back.... Turns out it was low voltage/amps to the HC. Do you have many HDD's, CD/DVD-ROM's? A vid card that needs extra voltage via a molex connector? How many Watts is your power supply? I had a splitter on the power cable that went to the vid card (9800 Pro) and the HC. Everytime I played games that used the vid card to the max the HC would start doing what you said. I tried a few other things, but upgrading my PS to an Antec True Power 550 has solved the problem. Hope that helps, Marz.

I switched the HC to a power lead with only a cd-rom on it, and now it's been fine for awhile after beeping continuously before the switch. I think this may be the solution. Low amps in the summer. Figures. Thanks.

Archived