Corsair Community

What if it leaks?

Gigiddyhurts

I am putting together a PC I have been wanting to build for years, possibly my dream PC. I have been exploring my cooling options on the CPU. I have begun to lean towards the H100, but what if it leaks into my PC?? Does corsair have a stance in this department if the cooler leaks?

So far the build will host a Corsair PSU and 32 gigs of vengeance RAM + Fan rack :D. I would like to incorporate the cooler aswell, just concerned since the product could have catastrophic consequences.

Gigiddy,

The Hydro Series H60, H80 and H100 come with a 5 Year Warranty. I talked to a Corsair representative, who confirmed that this warranty covers not only the cooler, but the system components in which it is installed. Had I not received this information I would be in the same position you are. After receiving this information though, I bought an H80 for my PC and an H60 for my wife's! :):

Hopefully this answers your question and a Corsair Tech replies to this post to reinforce what I learned. *hint hint* :p:

Take Care,

Lestat II

each case of leakage is handled on a case by case basis. the warranty only covers the cooler itself.

not that i would ever steer ya away from a Corsair product you need to take into account if you have a lets say a 1500-2000 dollar rig IMHO i would custom build a WC system. a strong aquarium pump and a nice copper block and maybe a BIX or 2. if the aquarium pump ever leaked it would pool on the bottom of the case, not on top of video cards. just my .02

again, im not talking you out of an H100, i just think there may be a cap to how much you would be reimbursed.

I understand the grey area , I just want to hear from corsair "if" it is decided that the pump did fail and did damage portions of the system. Corsair will work with the customer on replacements. Obviously there could would and will be bad apples out there who would try to blame and or make it look like a pump failed just to get new parts. I mean a genuine pump failure should be taken into account that it can damage people"s rigs. I just want to feel comfortable in that respect, I've wanted this system for a long time , just would hate to see things outside of its respectable warranty get cooked.

Has anyone ever experimented with high temp silicone for added security?

Thanks for all your inputs!

I simply decided to just make the phone call and ask. If in the case that a cooler is to leak onto your computer's components, after investigations, documentation, proof, and even possibly mailing out the product for analasys. If it is determined that the cooler was the cause of the component or module failure, corsair will be willing to warranty your PC's components and replace them.

So the answer is yes, on a case by case basis they are willing to stand by their product.

• Corsair Employee
I simply decided to just make the phone call and ask. If in the case that a cooler is to leak onto your computer's components, after investigations, documentation, proof, and even possibly mailing out the product for analasys. If it is determined that the cooler was the cause of the component or module failure, corsair will be willing to warranty your PC's components and replace them.

Can't get an answer better than this.

Just wanted to drop a line.

Corsair handles everything case by case but they are reasonable and won't skimp out on you. I've heard a lot of positive experiences regarding RMAing leaked products. They'll replace what they can and might even cut you a cheque for whatever they can't.

I'm in the process of RMAing an item now and Corsair is on top of things. They sent me all the information within a day.

• 6 years later...

Hello, just wanted to share my bitter experience.

I had an H80i cooler, that I bought because of it's maintenance free advertisement.

The truth is that it has been working flawlessly for many years, but then one day my computer didn't boot anymore. There were coolant leaks that ruined my motherboard and a memory stick. The pump was leaking (I tried to replace the hoses in case it was the problem, but the pump kept leaking coolant).

Conclusion:

- Even though Corsair product is excelent

- Even though Corsair warranty period passed without any problems.

Consider that:

- It may start leaking anytime.

- Coolant dropping into electronics can possibly ruin your hardware

Now I'm switching back to air cooling because I don't want to risk my hardware anymore.

You realize you are tacking onto the back off a 6 1/2 year old thread? I have no idea whether you were negligent or just misguided in the attempt to replace the hoses (don't do that), but it is a mechanical part and does not last forever. Didn't you think you should do some regular checking as to the condition of the unit, especially as it got older? Air or water cooling, you may need to look inside every now and then. Your air cooler could give into gravity and tear right off the bolts one day. Or the sky might fall...

Archived