Corsair Community

Asus a7n8x & corsair 3200XL reset problem

Stecosan

Hi all, with the system in sign, i have reset proble when i play with games. after 15-20 min the system reboot or return to windows. the ram is setting to default (auto under bios) with voltage 2.7. I use bios 1007 and the ram in dual channel obviously. Windows XP load & run fine without any problems. PS: I have similar problem with the old ram (v-data 2x256 3200 - no twinx) in dual channel (crash also windows), but in single channel run fine. Any ideas ???... I think that the corsair is great :(: Sorry for my bad english... :p:

Welcome to the forums, Stecosan! What is your cooling situation? Fans, heat sinks, etc? When you boot, go into your BIOS to the last tab where you can see the voltages and temperatures. Let the computer run for 30 minutes then see how hot the CPU is. Also, in Windows, run a motherboard monitoring utility (one came with your mainboard) to watch the CPU temperatures. Run something like PCMark or Sandra MAX3 to really heat up the CPU and see what happens. If you're overheating, this will cause crashes. To rule out the memory, please run [url=www.memtest.org]Memtest86+[/url] for 3 full passes. If you get errors, try the modules one at a time. See what you get from that, PLUR CK

Archived