Corsair Community

Couple of Case Questions

Mikel1256

I'm currently in a custom BitFenix Shinobi, but recently started looking at the Obsidian series cases.

550D Question:

I was wondering if it was possible that Corsair would release a windowed side panel similar to the one on the 650 or the 800. I would love to be able to show off the inside of my case as well as the outside and I really like the windows one both of those cases.

650D Question:

Are the USB3.0 connectors in this case still a passthrough or are there direct motherboard connectors now? The Newegg video on the case still shows it as a passthrough.

650D Question:

Are the USB3.0 connectors in this case still a passthrough or are there direct motherboard connectors now? The Newegg video on the case still shows it as a passthrough.

Good question... I would also like to know this.

They could at least sell an updated module for the front IO so that we could replace it if we wanted. I think, and I'm sure there are others who might agree, that the option to buy different parts for things like a window or the USB3 headers would make the case even more desirable.

As it is, I'm debating between a 650 and a 550 when that comes out. The USB3 headers are my knock against the 650 and the windowed panel and the silver front IO on the 550 is my knock against that. If either of those cases had parts available to swap out like that, I would buy one of them TODAY. I'm gonna wait and hope, and then probably go LianLi or Silverstone if nothing shows up. :/

• Corsair Employees
550D Question:

I was wondering if it was possible that Corsair would release a windowed side panel similar to the one on the 650 or the 800. I would love to be able to show off the inside of my case as well as the outside and I really like the windows one both of those cases.

This is something worth considering but no official answer at the moment.

650D Question:

We do not know if there is going to be a revised version or an updated kit similar to the 800D/700D in the future. They are still USB3.0 pass through.

Archived