Corsair Community

Ram guy!! I NEED HELP!! ASUS A8V REBOOT ITSELF?

wolf616

HELLO! I recently put together a computer asus a8v fx 53 939 and a corsair pc3200 LL 512 X 256 a power supply of 420 watts. My question is what's the problem. memory? power supply? or timing for memory (which I don't mess around with timing) mainly I just plug the memory. it's like I freeze then it reboot the computer? I change the memory to a corsair value select. the one in manual recomended still same ****! :mad: I need anybody help!!!!! :confused:

• Corsair Employee
It sounds like it is not the memory then! And that type of problem can be really hard to debug, but I would try and get the latest bios for the MB and then set the timings manually to Cass 2.8 Volts and set the timings manually to Cass 2-3-2-6 and set the AGP Voltage to 1.6 Volts! In addition, I would make sure you have the Video card is on its own power dongle for the PSU to make sure it has plenty if you have an externally powered GPU, if you have the HDD and Graphics on the same power lead it may not be able to provide enough!

thank's ram guy I have to check it again my hard drive and 1 fan is connected with a 9800 pro do...also it's a 420 watts. also this setting you told me for corsair value ram? 1024 2 X 512.. will try it thank's

Archived