Corsair Community

A8V deluxe, FX-53, 3200XL setup problems

lkhyperx

so far, my system keeps locking up with my 2.7vddr/1.5vcpu 2-2-2-5-1 manual settings for my A8V FX-53/3200XL setup. I tried to make it 2.8v but its still giving me the same problems. I changed it back to 2-3-2-5-1 with 2T disabled at 2.7v AND 2.8v and it still locksup. I finally did auto detect for all mem settings (including voltage) - 2-3-2-5-2 and it still locks up. I even tried playing with the multiplyer with all the above settings but no luck.

• Corsair Employee
For the time being I would set the timings manually to Cass 2-3-2-5 and set the Dim Voltage to 2.8 Volts! Once the Mb matures I am sure these modules will be able to run with the default timings! If you have another system you can use to test the modules I would suggest testing them one at a time with [url]www.memtest.org[/url] to be sure one is not failing or weak!

first I thought it was the RAM, but then again, I don't get memory error blue screens (it just freezes, the mouse doesnt move, no ram activity, like a dead freeze). I got 1 blue error and it said something about hardware problems, computer restarting before damaging my system, followed by a reboot. It was too fast for me to catch the exact error. I just don't know which part of my pc is having problems. My system specs are: FX-53 939-pin sledgehammer, A8V deluxe wifi rev 1.02, maxtor SATA-150 8mb hd, XFX geforce 6800 ultra, no clue whats going on. I'm going to try a ghost a ATA-133 hd tomorrow to see if its win xp + sata problem or just a hardware failure somewhere. I doubt its the graphics card, but I'm having fuzzy feelings about the board and HD. *NEW* note at memory testing: currently im running memtest86+ for my 1.5vcpu/200fsb/2.7vddr 2-2-2-5-1 setup again to see if i get any errors. Keep in mind I already did this for 6 passes. Even using looser timings (default BIOS settings 2-3-2-5-2) the computer still locks up. Not to mention, after switching out the corsair ram and putting in a stick of generic (probably crucial) ddr400/pc3200 ram with even looser timings, the thing still locks up. I can only conclude that its not the sair memory thats giving me the problems, its something else. ps - what do you guys recall giving such lock ups? Like the kind of lock ups that you cant move the mouse, the keyboard, the screen just comes to a dead freeze (not moving a frame).

• Corsair Employee
That type of problem can be really hard to debug, but I would try and get the latest bios for the MB and then set the timings manually to Cass 2.8 Volts and set the timings manually to Cass 2-3-2-6 and set the AGP Voltage to 1.6 Volts! In addition, I would make sure the Video card is on it's own power dongle for the PSU to make sure it has plenty, if you have the HDD and Graphics on the same power lead it may not be able to provide enough!

I have the latest BIOS v1.006 on the A8V. The problem might be bad wiring. Because right now, the wiring (twin molex connecters) from my 6800 ultra (requires 480 watt PSU, mines a 520) is interlinked with the wiring of my harddrive. As in some of the power wires coming out of my geforce is linked with the power wires from HD and together they flow to the PSU. Btw, the RAM is running perfectly. No memory failures or lockups at 2-2-2-5-1 2.7v

Archived