Corsair Community

Flash Voyager GT 64 GB dead

kc8adu

blue light constantly blinks and though it gets a letter it wont mount.

logical recovery tools ignore it too so i am leaning toward catastophic hardware failure rather than common corruption.new from the egg several months ago.

• 3 months later...

well did the rma routine and here i am again.

what gives with these things?

are they just that fragile?

bad batch?

got something to replace it with that doesnt die at the drop of the hat?

worked ok about 2 weeks but after my testing(filling it full of dvd .iso and reading back)i went to use it for real work.and it died.said it needed to be formatted.while formatting it froze and now id's with the controller id.

@Ram Guy - I've read a bunch of threads and you seem to be the guy to run this by...

I am experiencing the same problem. GTR 32GB flash drive where the blue light constantly flashes, drive only shows up as "XXXXXXXX U168CONTROLLER USB Device". The firmware update EXE I found in yellowbeard's thread doesn't recognize the drive as being connected to the PC, so that doesn't work.

I was very impressed at the speed of the RMA approval I got from Corsair on this issue (literally minutes) but I would like the opportunity to scrub the drive and recover my data if / when you guys can get into it.

Can Corsair send me and image of the drive once they can get into it or send back the drive for me to recover my data? I would much rather go that route than just to take a new replacement if there is a chance I can get my data back.

Once I am able to attempt data recovery then I can do the RMA for a replacement. Just trying to find a way to get at the data.

Is anything like this possible?

• 3 months later...
and i am back again.at least this one lasted a few months longer.and its the newer more compact version.gives drive needs to be formatted errors.freezes machine with blue light on.if i pull and reinsert a few times it will eventually mount and i can copy off the contents but very slow.are all these rubber things ticking bombs?

• 3 weeks later...

@RamGuy: please read my -- "nweissma" -- post: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=111479 ... 67 views and not a single constructive response!

these Corsair flah drives seem to be dying like flies -- they just up and die.

this is not funny. if i were a lawyer or doctor losing critical data under these circumstances then i would likely initiate a court action.

i do not want an RMA ... i want you to tell me how to breathe life into your thumb drive long enough to move its content to a safe haven.

Archived