Corsair Community

Can I Remove the Fan Controler

dbower45236

I am doing a 650D build and will be driving the fans from my Mother Board, so I don't need the fan controller and all of the extra wires. Is there a clean way to remove them without just getting out the cutters?

Is there any reason why I should use the case fan controller instead of the mother board? Seems like the MB would be more automated in controlling the fans when it needs more cooling...

Regarding your first question, I don't have a '650, but on other cases I've removed the top of the case to get access to the wires (if possible) and just pull the cables up into the area under the top and hide them under it. Or you can just try pushing the cables up into the top area of the case to get them out of the way.

As long as the case fans don't use special connectors, you don't need to use the case controller.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee

If you are not going to use the fan controller from the case then my suggestion is to keep them and not use the fan connectors, just figure out a way to tuck them in. Otherwise, you can easily remove them front the top panel

Advantage of case fan controller is accessibility. You will be able to change fan rpms externally.

Archived