Corsair Community

Updater hangs after pressing 'Proceed'

kiteaura

Hi Guys,

I've been plagued by BSOD's for quite a while now, and after multiple tweaks to all sorts of things I've gotten around to updating the SSD firmware. According to the updated, it is on 1.2. Whenever I try and update it to 1.3.3 (following the instructions) the program seems to hang after I press proceed on the warning message. It then does nothing but crash everything else on the system until I eventually have to force quit it. I've tried it 3 times now, each with the same problem. Does anybody have any idea what the issue could be?

I'm quite new at this kind of thing, so if there is any information you need to help please ask and I will do my best to answer.

• 3 weeks later...

It's been a few weeks now, so I figured I would update my situation. I am still getting the freezes on my computer (nothing responds other than the mouse pointer for about 2 minutes and then the computer bluescreens). I didn't have any for about 2 weeks, but I have had 3 today. They seem to come randomly and for no discernible reason. It's getting rather frustrating now as I simply have no idea what to do.

I'm going to attempt updating again, but using the 1.3.2 updater instead. As I said in my first post, I'm going from 1.2. I'm expecting the usual hang problem like I explained in my initial post, but I guess it's worth a try.

Edit: Yup, still hangs after pressing 'proceed' on the warning message about closing down all other programs. The drive symbol next to the model dissapears, 'update firmware' and 'rescan for drives' greys out and the only buttons that respond are 'About' and 'Exit'. Since the guide says it usually takes around 10 seconds, and after giving it 10 minutes, well I think its safe to assume its not doing anything.

Again, if anyone can help it would be most appreciated, or even if they can't, point me in the direction of someone who can. I haven't crashed during an important moment yet but if it happens in the middle of working I fear I will really lose my head!

• 1 month later...
Still experiencing all these problems. It has frozen 10 times within the past 48 hours. Any kind of support would be greatly appreciated. Any info you might need to help, please ask. I'm getting very tired of this now.

Archived