Corsair Community

H80 sounds like an aircraft

JohnEJohn

Hi, I purchased mt new system about a week ago, including the H80.

Woke up today and turned the machine on and my god I thought it was about to levitate in front of my eyes.

The fans are at 100% and nothing will turn them down, I have the H80 on the lowest setting, not changed any BIOS settings and have tryed pressing it in for 5 seconds which resulted in the top 2 bars and the person being illuminated.

Not even had it a week.... next week is my first week off in 3 months and my first chance to play a game in over 6... If I can't play Skyrim i'm going to be pretty pissed off.

Please help.

Just been reading a few posts that have stated they have had to pay to ship from the UK, this better not be the case..

Oh and one other thing, I asked your sales support if the H80 would fit my case and was told it would, I however had to modify part of my case to fit it properly.

So your telling me that although a corsair rep informed me that the H80 would fit into my case but did not fit properly withought modifying the case, came with bent fins on the radiator then stopped working under a week that I have to pay for the privilege......?

Maybe I read that wrong.

Can you not send it back direct to where you bought it?

I had 2x H60's and 1xH80 in the space of a week. 60's both had very noisey pumps, and the 80 did as yours did with fans revving all over the place.

All 3 were sent back to where i bought them from and I was given a full refund. The 2 replacements were both sent to me at no cost, and all 3 were collected from where i live at no cost, so didnt even have to take them to the post office. The company was Novatech.

As i've said before, a real shame as the neatness of the design is great. Cant really say as much for the QC.

Well, I installed my replacement today.

It has the same problem as the last one, this time out of the box.

Any fan on the left pin header cuts in and out, any fan on the right is stuck on 100%

Pressing the button does nothing.

Try to reset and top 2 bars lit along with the character.

What is going on with these H80's???

Archived