Corsair Community

PCI-E 6-pin 75W?

r8er4ever

I have a GS-600 PSU and my Nvidia GTS250 took a dive(to 600gpu clock-700mem clock) and since it still under system builder's warranty they have agreed to RMA it but no longer carry the GTS250's so they are sending me a AMD Radeon HD 6750 1GB PCI Express 16x dual head, DVI, HDMI in exchange. Now it says it requires a 6pin PCI-E(75watt) connector. And not being a brainie-ack how can I know if my PSU has this(or even if you know, does it?)?

OK, Thanks and not to be difficult. But what are these standerds(value's) PLEASE if you don't mind? I mean is the PCI-E routed off the 12V rail or 5v or ewven combanation of both, maybe even off the 3.3 IDK that is whast I am trying to learn.

PCI-E power cables only supply 12V power to video cards, there is no other voltage supplied by those cables.

Check this page out for a detail description of all the ATX power cables:

http://www.playtool.com/pages/psuconnectors/connectors.html#pciexpress

Also, all you need to do is search (Google) on "pci-e power connector" and you'll find all the info you could ever need.

(I can't help but think of one of the best forum member signatures I've ever seen, which went something like this: "I'm sorry but I'm to lazy to Google it for you".)

Yes your right, but I just got the PSU and was looking the manual and it doesn't say those type things in it. So since was here already posted it. OH and by the way, Aa polite person would refernce this---->http://lmgtfy.com/

AKA-LetMeGoogleThatForYou.com

LOL...(just teasing)

THANKS

Now now, I never said I was polite, but I clearly implied I didn't want to google it for you, although I did anyway, so that just makes me schizophrenic :eyebuldge

Archived