Corsair Community

HX750W issue

noodlechopper

Hello!

After having my new computer built and working for 5 days I could'nt start my computer anymore. The problem proved to be the power supply cable that had to be plugged in PERFECrLY in the power supply for the computer to work, with perfectly I mean that it couldnt be leaned a little bit down or to sides(wrong cable modell?). If i dragged the cable in diffrent directions when it was plugged in it started to crackle. It was a pain sitting at my computer having this problem, when I moved the computer as much as 3 centimeters(no joke) it shut down because the power supply cable moved a little also.

I had to change the cable to my old power supply cable which was used for my old low profile computer. Since then everything has worked good but sometimes when the computer is shut down but the power supply cable is plugged in and the power supplybutton is set to: ON I can hear a weak tinnitus(annoying beeeeeeeeeeep) sound which stops if i set the button to: OFF or pull out the cable from the power supply. Hear is my Power supply http://www.komplett.se/k/ki.aspx?sku=460922 .

The question is: Is my power supply defect or was it only the cable you sent with it that was defect?

• Corsair Employees

noodlechopper

Please use the link on the left and request an RMA and explain the cable that does this and we can send you a new cable.

wlw_wl Just so you know, I have the same problem with the noises on a brand new HX 850W. And it also triggers 10A circuit breaker sometimes.

You should have at least a 15 Amp breaker! and if you have other devices using the same breaker you may need a 20 Amp. I would check with an Electrician about your house wiring to be sure.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employees

noodlechopper

Sorry about missing your case in TSX but it helps if you reference the post as you did and copy the text so its more clear when there are more than one person replying.

To be clear you just need the power cable correct?

Case number 2633712 for my reference.

You should have at least a 15 Amp breaker! and if you have other devices using the same breaker you may need a 20 Amp. I would check with an Electrician about your house wiring to be sure.

Ah friend, I'm on 230V here, so 10A breaker is more than sufficient.

Archived