Corsair Community

600T - New Front Fan Design?

87ninefiveone

I recently picked up another 600T for home use and to my surprise the new one has a snap in bracket to which the front 200mm fan is mounted as opposed to having the fan mounted directly to the case. I like it. When did they start doing this?

Also, the 200mm fans on the new one are different. My older case has frosted clear plastic and the fans do 900RPM or so, the new ones are completely clear, but I've yet to plug them into something to give me a speed reading. LED effect appears to be the same.

Hmmmm....the fans in my new unit are only 500-600RPM fans. I wonder if these aren't new, but rather some of the really old ones before the upgrade to the Special Edition spec ones. The ones in my existing case were the 900RPM units so I'll have to switch these out.

For what it's worth the 120mm fan is different too. The one in the new case is a 9 fin model capable of 1000RPM as opposed to a seven fin capable of 1200RPM.

Can anyone with one of the original 600T cases with the low speed fans confirm the original fan specs?

I'll tell you something funny.

I have the exact opposite situation.

I own a 600T that I bought used, it's about a 6 month old. It has the front fan mounted in a bracket. It does buzz at higher speeds. It's about 700RPM on full throttle.

Now I have bought another 600T for client build and this one came with the front fan screwed directly to the front, with different design blades (they have some cuts) but I don't know their speed.

• 3 months later...
I have a 600t Bought January 2011, plastic front mount and woefully inadequate clear 550rpm fans (measured from mobo sensors, had an issue with overheating during the hot spell here in uk), in process of trying to replace the front fan with a bitfenix spectre pro, but wont know how well it will fit till I get it home today. Also replacing the fan on my h50 with a Spectre Pro. Unfortunately I cant find anyone here in UK that sells corsairs fans or I would install the newer upgraded black fans, and I refuse to pay the Shipping from the US as that would cost more than the fans.

Mine is an original 600T Graphite.

It has the plastic mounting bracket holding the front 200 x 20mm fan in place. It makes the fan easier to remove or replace, but it restricted the thickness of the front fan that could be fitted to 20mm.

When Corsair released the White LE, they got rid of the front fan retaining bracket, and screwed the front fan directly to the chassis. Soon after that, all Graphite cases incorporated the same design.

Original fan specs were:-

200mm's - ~700 rpm - (Direct monitoring, I never saw them above 660 rpm, they were the clear type)!!

Rear 120mm - ~1100 rpm

I had the issue with the front 200mm whining when at higher speeds. I simply e-mailed Corsair, and they sent me 2 x uprated 200mm's as fitted to the White LE, free of charge, no questions asked, and within 48 hours from the States to the U.K. :).

The uprated fans are nearer 750-800 rpm, they have the cuts on the rear edges of the fan blades, and they are the smoked translucent type. As far as I can tell, the uprated replacement 200mm's are Bitfenix, resold under Corsair's name when fitted in Corsair's cases.

Archived