Corsair Community

Macros in SWTOR

crazy098

Using macros on the K90 in Star Wars The Old Republic still doesn't work with the beta software. I've tried using hardware playback as well. As I bought this keyboard pretty much just for this game, I'm pretty annoyed.

EDIT: I read in another thread that you have to save the profile to the keyboard and use hardware playback to get the G keys to work in SWTOR. I've tested this method and can confirm that it works. Would have been nice to read that here though and not in another thread.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employees
Sorry that you are having issues with Macros. You are correct this game you can not run software Macro's. You will need to create a profile, record your MR, with the hard ware playback option selected. After you create please save to the keyboard.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Rather than create a new thread, I thought I'd add to this one so SWTOR information is in one place for future reference.

I've made some macros in hardware playback mode on my M90, but am having some problems running them in-game. I believe the problem is in the SWTOR keybind preferences. Should I delete all the keybinds in SWTOR because the game is reading directly from the mouse? Or, should the keybinds in SWTOR correspond to the mouse buttons? I began with the stock SWTOR profile from Corsair and have been editing it.

An additional problem that I've had is that the game doesn't seem to recognize anything but "conventional" keys and buttons, so that the higher numbered mouse buttons don't seem to be seen by SWTOR. Thus, it is impossible to bind some of the buttons to single actions (not macros) in the game preferences. As a further example, the extra function keys on my keyboard are recognized by SWTOR as the conventional F1-F12 function keys rather than "extra" keys.

Thanks to the posters here, this is a great reference. There's a lot of potential in this mouse. I've tried 4 so far to try to find the right fit, and this is by far the closest.

• Corsair Employees
For example if you are using the SWTOR gaming profile that can be downloaded in the sticky section of the forums, you would simply load the profile and then save it directly to the M90. For most games and including SWTOR you need to make sure you save all your macros/profile to the mouse. When you macro you will need to configure existing actions that are already set to keyboard keys in the game. Then use those keyboard keys when your record a macro in the M90 software. Now if you change your keys in game, you will need to reflect those changes in the software.

For example if you are using the SWTOR gaming profile that can be downloaded in the sticky section of the forums, you would simply load the profile and then save it directly to the M90. For most games and including SWTOR you need to make sure you save all your macros/profile to the mouse. When you macro you will need to configure existing actions that are already set to keyboard keys in the game. Then use those keyboard keys when your record a macro in the M90 software. Now if you change your keys in game, you will need to reflect those changes in the software.

Got it, thanks. I'll have another go tonight.

Last night, I deleted the existing SWTOR profile and reloaded the profile posted online at the Corsair site while the mouse software was set to hardware mode. I pointed the profile to the application, and checked to make sure that all the keys in the game preferences corresponded to the keys listed in the mouse profile. None of the buttons worked except button 8, which is set to move the character forward in the game.

I was able to write two macros very easily. One was to fire off a series of attacks, while the other was a macro to fire off the main attack until the button was pressed again. Neither of these macros worked in-game.

After re-reading persentio's guide this morning, I'd missed the step where the profiles are saved to the mouse. I couldn't locate a save button, and the review of the post revealed where it is. I think that this will solve the problem. I'll follow his guide step-by-step and that should solve the problem.

I have everything working now and my macros are built. I'd suggest adding a radio button to save to the mouse as the current setup isn't very intuitive. However, once I got past that hurdle, things went very well. The delays between keystrokes were the hardest thing to nail down. One macro fires off my opener, another my "free" ability, the wheel click fires my main attack continuously until the wheel is clicked again, etc. This is a really nice mouse once you get used to it.

• 4 years later...

Archived