Corsair Community

Keypress and Software update.

Tater72

"...cannot be held down to simulate the held down state ... on my keyboard."

I was so excited to hear about the software update. Imagine my disappointment to hear from so many people that the update not only doesn't address some issues, but actually makes things worse.

I think I will take the advice of my fellow consumers here and not install the new version.

If I were a Corsair corporate board member I would be having some serious words with the person or team responsible for writing the software. I'm afraid to install it at all based on what some people have been posting.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee

Keypressing is a feature that is not in the software.

Overall we have received very positive feedback about the software update. I would recommend anyone who is having issues with the initial release to update to the Beta 2.12

RAM GUY,

I must respectfully request an assurance from you or someone that speaks for the Corsair company that the held keypress feature will be released in the next or a future update. I'm not asking for a specific date at all. I merely need a guarantee that Corsair will, in fact, provide a software update in the reasonably near future that will enable me to assign a thumb button as a keyboard key and that it will operate exactly like a keyboard key and NOT a recorded macro. I've read your comments that Corsair is "looking into it," but what I need is a statement of intent that Corsair will make it happen eventually.

I ask this only because my last day to return this mouse is January 30 and I really, really, really want to keep this mouse. Unfortunately, it is 100% worthless to me at this moment due to it's lack of keypress feature that everyone here has been requesting ad nauseum.

If I can get this assurance, I will thankfully and enthusiastically continue to stand-by in anticipation until such time that Corsair provides this much needed feature because... did I mention I love this mouse? I can't wait to actually try it out!!

• Corsair Employee
Unfortunately I'm not able to give you the answer you may be looking for. The keypress feature has been reported and suggested to our product manager from a variety of different sources. The only assurance I can give us that it is being reviewed and has been recommend from various Corsair employees to have the feature added. I have been told it is under review from our product manager and software team.

RAM GUY,

I must respectfully request an assurance from you or someone that speaks for the Corsair company that the held keypress feature will be released in the next or a future update. I'm not asking for a specific date at all. I merely need a guarantee that Corsair will, in fact, provide a software update in the reasonably near future that will enable me to assign a thumb button as a keyboard key and that it will operate exactly like a keyboard key and NOT a recorded macro. I've read your comments that Corsair is "looking into it," but what I need is a statement of intent that Corsair will make it happen eventually.

I ask this only because my last day to return this mouse is January 30 and I really, really, really want to keep this mouse. Unfortunately, it is 100% worthless to me at this moment due to it's lack of keypress feature that everyone here has been requesting ad nauseum.

If I can get this assurance, I will thankfully and enthusiastically continue to stand-by in anticipation until such time that Corsair provides this much needed feature because... did I mention I love this mouse? I can't wait to actually try it out!!

This is what I want to know too I even made a thread to this effect asking for straight answers on the M90 that was not answered. My guess at this point is that it is impossible and they just won't admit it on here since many users would return the products then. (Who would keep a keyboard that cannot simulate a keypress isn't that ALL they are supposed to do?!)

Since we have no facts from Corsair we are left with only speculation to go on. All we know for sure is they said they passed the info to the product manager. The product manager apparently is on vacation or does not care since nothing has happened since.

Mine has been relegated to mostly standard mouse duties until I can afford a replacement since it can't be returned now. I noticed Frys has slashed the prices on the M60 ($39) maybe that's a sign.

Corsair needs to understand this is not a feature request it is a minimum requirement for the product.

Rigel2112:

I totally understand where you are coming from. I understand your frustration and your point of view.

As soon as hear anything be assured i will post it in the forums.

What really frustrates me is your main competitors product doesn't seem to have these problems, has more buttons, CAN do keypresses properly, and is the same price but I am stuck with the Corsair.

I also think Corsair may underestimate the damage this can do to them. Many of us buy lots of equipment on and off the job from Corsair. We saw a new mouse and bought it on Corsairs reputation without researching too deeply (normally not needed for Corsair quality products right?). We then found out it has very sub-standard software and does not work properly.

Now the next time we look at competing products in other areas such as memory and storage we going to take it this into consideration even if it's completely unfair to do so.

RAM GUY,

Thank you for your honesty. This is truly sad news. I will faithfully wait until the last possible moment and hope with all my heart that an official statement is relayed in time because I can't express enough how much I like the look and feel of this mouse. It has everything I always wanted a mouse to have in all the right places (sans the software).

I'm inclined to think, like I'm sure many others do, that Corsair has no reservations about making this held keypress feature available A.S.A.P. However, I'm also am aware that "business is business," so-to-speak, and if a company puts out a new product that meets or exceeds sales expectations then things like software updates with new features will be minimal if said features require the use of company resources beyond the original scope of support for said product.

Yet, I'm also intimately aware that Corsair has built a reputation on manufacturing top-of-the-line products while providing top-notch support so I remain hopeful.

Where you at, boss guys? RAM GUY is doing a stellar job here representin'. Now it's your turn to represent. Don't let us down.

I agree the support on here is doing the best they can with the turd handed to them and they are forced to take the brunt of managements poor decisions. Lets hope the software devs come through or management replaces them with people who can.

I would wait patiently if I knew at least is was 'possible' to fix these issues. Right now as far as we know the hardware could be the limiting factor and no software will fix it.

RAM GUY or Corsair employee,

Not to rustle the leaves or shake the tree or however the saying goes, but...

... any word from the powers that be? Maybe even just an inkling of a word? All I really need to hear is something along the lines of, "yes, we think the keypress feature is possible, but will take some time."

My return date grows nigh and as much as I love this mouse, it is nothing more than a desk decoration without this feature.

Thanks!

Lemme ask a different question... if I decide to hold on to this mouse in hopes that the feature I need will be released in a future update, will the 2 year warranty be extended? Since I can't use the mouse at all until the keypress feature is available, the "lifetime" of this mouse won't really begin until then.

• Corsair Employee

Tater72.

That is something you would need to call customer service and ask about.

Just to give an update on the keypress feature. It has been a feature that has been requested and as you put it "sent to the powers to be". Your feedback from your forums has been in direct communication with our software team. Unfortunately, I like you have to wait until a official document comes out with any changes we make to the software.

Archived