Corsair Community

HS1 Not Working

bigmac11

So I got my headphones today and am VERY disapointed. I d/l the newest drivers, shutdown antivirus and installed drivers. First the pc refused to shutdown because the install program was listed as still running. After 41 minutes it finally restarted to a nightmare of problems. Lost my net connection, my speakers no longer work and neither do the headphones.

Restart and let win 7 troubleshoot my connection which it fixed but still no sound. I open up the sound properties in the control panel to have it lock up solid.

At this point I try to uninstall the Corsair program which of course didn't work. It sat with no progress for about 15 minutes so I finally shut down manually. So now I'm on my sons pc typing this and am about ready to throw these headphones in the trash.

I'm going to do a system restore to get me back running, which hopefully will work. If anyone has any ideas I'm all ears. I swore off Corsair products after having support issue in the past but got a really good deal on the headphones. Now I'm wishing that I had stuck to my guns and bought something else.

Sorry for the rant but I only get 1 day off work a week and didn't want to spend it like this:(

Well like a jerk I tried it on the other 3 pc's and the same crap. One thing in common is I keep getting this error and when it happens the pc instantly freezes and I have to hard shutdown...The program CAHS.EXE version 2.0.0.4 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.

Process ID: da8

Start Time: 01ccd9e60e849013

Termination Time: 1

Application Path: C:\Program Files\Corsair USB Headset\customapp\program\CAHS.EXE

Report Id: 46746d32-45da-11e1-89aa-002522e7f6e4

Can anyone please give advise because I can't return them, only exchange:(

Totally removed all audio drivers, reinstalled Corsair same issue so it's not a driver conflict. The weird thing is with no drivers I had very scratchy sound for a few seconds. Thinking I was onto something I install Corsair driver and pc slows to a crawl and hard locks.

I hate to suggest simple things that I'm sure you've already tried, but perhaps you may be better off to download a program called "Driver Sweeper", boot into safe mode and remove the drivers that way, then boot back into 7 and attempt to install them again.

• 2 weeks later...

Believe me I've tried everything I can think of. I have yet to get a reply from Corsair. If Corsair started selling gold for $10 an ounce I wouldn't buy it. I just don't understand why some people get great customer support yet I get none.

Right now I have the following products, HX620 died years ago submitted RMA no answer, H50 died within a week submitted RMA no answer, HX1000 will not run 3 way SLI w/ 470's same as previous, 800D bought Oct. 2011 after it was supposed to include USB3, hot swap panel was faulty and no USB3 submitted RMA was told to return it..yeah right for $50 shipping. I broke down and bought a replacement hot swap panel so I could use the case the way it was intendeed.

And now the HS1 nightmare. I work in a major healthcare facility that spends mega dollars a year on hardware and whenever we purchase anything I will be sure to keep any and all Corsair products off the bids.

Sorry again for the rant. I just feel consumers should be aware of the treatment they can expect.

Archived