Corsair Community

Memtest on new build - Failing on one of the sticks on all the slots

Jestersage

Hello all,

I am conducting a new build using a i7 2700k, H80, P8Z68-V Pro/gen3, and the 16gb Vengeance LP kit. While doing the first test using the memtest86+, one of the sticks seems to be failing in test 1 even in the first pass. Not certain if it's just the stick or MB, I tested it in all the other slots - same thing.

Other sticks passed 5 times at least in memtest. BIOS was updated to 0402 (the newest). Does that mean I have a bad RAM, or something else?

Hmm, well it seems that v2.12 has shown up as an issue with a number of post across the web. Not saying it is true, could be volume and luck.

It looks to me like the majority of the issues with 16 GB and this Board is that XMP profile. But in your case and mine that is not the whole truth. I have found nothing on the Asus boards either.

I am still waiting on my RMA, but in the mean time I picked up 2 X 4 GB kit and running with that. Going to keep investigating.

If haven't already try again with the DRAM voltage set manually to 1.55.

• Corsair Employees
wait, first thing to do is check with the respective MB maker and see if there is a newer BIOS available and if so please try that first and you should be able to install the modules then go to BIOS setup and load setup defaults and then enable XMP Profile one should be all you need to do. If you still have problems install just one module and repeat the steps above and test with http://www.memtest.org one module at a time.

wait, first thing to do is check with the respective MB maker and see if there is a newer BIOS available and if so please try that first and you should be able to install the modules then go to BIOS setup and load setup defaults and then enable XMP Profile on should be all you need to do. If you still have problems install just one module and repeat the steps above and test with http://www.memtest.org one module at a time.

BIOS is now 0402, and RAM setted to XMP. Tested each sticks in 2 passes in each slot. Still the same one being "faulty"

The only thing I have not tried is to disable legacy USB, due to the fact i am booting memtest+ off of it.

Same result I had. Bios version and settings I can't see making a difference if it is always the same stick that is faulty no matter what you change. I could see the settings and bios version making a difference if it afterward you see another stick fail or the faulty one show success.

Just my two cents.

Sending my 4X4GB kit back today.

Archived