Corsair Community

Corsair h100 hose removal

Scawn

I'm looking at purchasing the new Cooler Master Cosmos 2 case and the Corsair H100 system. From what I have seen, a perfect location for the radiator would be at the bottom of the case where there are already 2 x 120mm fans. Those hard drive bays can be removed and I'm 99% sure the radiator will fit down there. My question is, can the hoses be removed from the H100 and fed through the 2 holes and then reattached for better routing?

So I'm guessing that removing these will void the warranty? That's a bit concerning since the H100 seems to be littered with problems here and there. I would hate to have an issue and not be able to get it replaced.

After looking at the Cosmos 2 a bit more, its pretty clear that the factory hoses on the H100 aren't long enough to put the radiator in the area I was describing anyway. Basically, the only option I have is to plan on removing the factory hoses right out of the box and replacing them, while adding a reservoir in the process.

I don't actually have the H100 yet. I'm looking at purchasing one within the next week or so. I've looked at building a watercooling system, but you can spend as much for a pump / reservoir as you do the entire H100 kit, and you still have cpu block, radiator, hoses, clamps, fans, etc to purchase. Much better deal to buy the H100 and just replace the hoses.

The H100 pump isn't rated for a full system though. Wouldn't recommend picemealing it.

I understand. I'm not talking about trying to create a full system out of the H100. I just want to lengthen the hoses and add a reservoir, but maintain cooling to the CPU only. I saw this done on another post somewhere and it worked fine so it is definitely possible.

Archived