Corsair Community

Certain batch or range of serial numbers to look out for?

Synomenon

I'm looking to get a H80. Is there a certain batch or range of serial numbers to look out for?

The reason I ask is that I work at a large electronics store. We carry the H60, H80 and H100. Every H80 we've sold has come back due to a "grinding" noise. I haven't been able to look at them before they were sent back to the vendor so I didn't get to see if they were all in the same batch or range of serial numbers.

There has never been a recall of H-series coolers due to noise issues. An advisory notice was posted in a sticky in Corsair's Cooling forum, regarding the fan controller in one lot of H100's, describing a potential issue with some units:http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=99361

The following is false:

...One did happen due to problems with the fan controller on H100's, found here: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=99361

• Corsair Employees
There is no official recall on any of the H-series. We have acknowledge an issue what we have seen consistent from a certain batch but this was due to the fan controller not responding when you select the profiles.

There is no official recall on any of the H-series. We have acknowledge an issue what we have seen consistent from a certain batch but this was due to the fan controller not responding when you select the profiles.

Sorry about that, I was wrong and you are correct. If you read the link I included in my first post (which apparently I didn't), the term recall is never used.

I've become a victim of one of my own pet peeves, reading into/creating things about an issue that do not exist. Why did I do that... time to call my therapist... an interesting psychological phenomenon, or in other words, Doh! :o:

Archived