Corsair Community

Asus Sabertooth P67 TUF B3 vs. CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9

medusa1066

As per Corsairs website, I purchased the CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9 for the above motherboard as it appeared under the Featured Memory High Density Section.

I cannot get my new build to boot up to BIOS. The MOBO's MemOK light remains lit.

After clicking on "For a complete list of compatible modules" only CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9b appears.

Did the Corsair site mislead me to buy the wrong RAM? Please help me troubleshoot. I tried a single module in slot 1 and slot 2 with no success. Thanks!

• Corsair Employees

These two parts are exactly the same the only difference is the color of the heat spreader and yes they should would great with the MB you have. Have you tried them one module at a time and have you tried to reset the MB BIOS?

Will it post with any of the modules when installed one up?

I unplugged each component one at a time and restarted after each. It ended up that my 20+4 ATX power cable was not completely seated in the 24 pin port on the motherboard (due most likely to the 4 pin). I could visually see it was uneven. I reseated and voila it booted. Started slowly adding RAM, then components. Everything is working and loaded Windows 7.

PLEASE keep this in mind for people having the same problem with the Sabertooth P67 DRAM light. Thanks!

Archived