Corsair Community

Carbide 400R help front panel wiring

tdrmr4

Yes, most of the cables are labeled and I was eventually able to figure out most of them. My motherboard is a Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3. I was unable to find where to plug the HD audio. How are the two front fans connected? I also have a molex plug with male on one side and female on the other that I can't figure out what to do with it. Should there be connectors for the head phone and microphone?

Yes, most of the cables are labeled and I was eventually able to figure out most of them. My motherboard is a Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3. I was unable to find where to plug the HD audio. How are the two front fans connected? I also have a molex plug with male on one side and female on the other that I can't figure out what to do with it. Should there be connectors for the head phone and microphone?

the molex is probably to power the fans, the reason for both male and female connectors is because it's also a pass-through

the HD audio connector is for the headphone/microphone jacks, looking at the motherboard manual (page 29) the header is just in front of where the rear audio jacks are (labelled F_AUDIO)

Archived