Corsair Community

Problem with CMZ12GX3M3A2000C10

Matt84

Hello everyone, I hope this is the correct forum section to post my question, I'm from Italy so forgive me if my english is not perfect.

I've just bought a 12GB/2000Mhz triple channel memory kit (CMZ12GX3M3A2000C10), and installed it on my Asus P6x58d-e motherboard (in which I installed a 990x Intel cpu). I immediately enabled the XMP profile in order to use the 2000Mhz of the ram. Firstly my system seemed to work properly but soon it became instable, and I frequently get blue screens that report the "memory mangement" error.

Any suggestions to fix my problem? Shall I try to increase the ram voltage? May it be helpful or is it dangerous?

Thank you!

2000mhz is a very large overclock for an X58 system. Your CPU may not be able to handle 2000mhz (but we dont know what it is)

You can try to add QPI/VTT voltage(memory controller) NOT DIMM voltage. Start out at 1.35v and you can go as high as 1.45v if need be.

If adding QPI does not get you stable try backing the frequencie down to 1866mhz and see if it is any more stable. Just use the same timings and voltage for 2000mhz .

Archived