Corsair Community

CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9 one stick issue

gtinferno

Hi,

I just bought CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9 (Corsair Vengeance 16gb) about 2 weeks ago. Since then my machine occasionally gets a BSOD. I finally ran memtest86+ and within 20 minutes got about 200,000+ errors. After that took one stick out at a time and tried it in different slots on the motherboard.

Turns out only one of the sticks is bad. I'm unclear about the RMA process.

1. Can i return just one of the sticks? I don't want to be without a PC for weeks till i get new RAM back.

2. What packaging should i send the RAM back in?

3. Is it possible to get new RAM before i return it?

4. I bought it from newegg, can i go somewhere locally (nyc) and exchange the ram?

5. Should i test something else on the other RAM sticks to verify they're ok too?

Thanks

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry but no they only way we can guarantee they will all work together is if they tested, packaged and sold as one set. So you would need to get the set replaced, but once you get the RMA# you can contact our customer and request an advanced RMA with a credit card. Please use the link on the left and request an RMA then once the RMA conformation is emailed to you then you can contact them from the contact link on our web site the number is at the bottom of the page.

Archived