Corsair Community

Corsair 800d, H100 and 3 top fans?

wannez

Hi,

Recently I came across a mod that made it possible to have 3 fans in the top of the 800D together with the H100. I'm trying to find it but no luck so far. Anyone that knows to what article I'm referring to? Or anyone with interesting ideas how to do this? The idea would be to strip a little bit of the top if the 3rd fan. But I'm not sure how to do it, what tools to use.

Thanks

I am wondering about this too. I have and 800D, and an H100 with two extra stock fans for push/pull. I bought a slim 120x20mm fan to go in the third space. I don't have all the parts yet for my build so I don't if my gamble will pay off. I hoping it will fit without any mods to the fan. Just a thought. Perhaps someone has tried this, it will be a while before I know if I have a paperweight or not.

• 5 months later...

I'm trying to do something similar. I have the 800D with the H100, but I don't have a push/pull setup. I have the stock fans as intake, and I want to add a third fan to the frontmost grill on top.

My idea is to use something like a 120mm to 80/92mm converter (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002C7IQ1O/ref=gno_cart_title_2) and a 80mm fan (I'm thinking a CoolerMaster R4-BM8S-30PK-R0 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0030DSECK/ref=gno_cart_title_1)). I would then plug the CoolerMaster into a spare port on the H100.

Would this idea work? Please let me know what you think. I just changed up to a Positive Pressure model, but found out that the frontmost grill is pushing air out since there is no fan to pull air in.

Thanks to all in advance. I would welcome any ideas immediately since it is summer and I'd like to keep the air flowing the most efficient I can. :biggrin:

Archived