Corsair Community

Timings and Voltage for Vengeance LP with Asus M4A78T-E

pappu_pager

Hello All,

I have an Asus M4A78T-E motherboard with Corsair Vengeance Low Profile memory that I bought recently from newegg.com, and it was on special. The memory is rated to 1600MHz.

The motherboard lists mem. speeds up to 1333 MHz, and 1600 in the OC mode. When run by default, with everything auto, the memory runs stable at 1333MHz, with memtest86+ and prime95 torture tests running for days on end.

When I change just the memory frequency to 1600 MHz, the machine pretty much locks up the moment I fire up the prime95 test.

Can somebody suggest correct memory timing/voltages for this combination?

The model # for 2x2GB kit is CML4GX3M2A1600C9.

Pager

What CPU are you using? Unless it is one of the new FX chips you will be limited to 1333mhz with AMD CPU's. You will have to overclock the CPU to get higher frequencies than 1333mhz.

You might want to look for overclocking guides for your MB and CPU to see what needs to be change in your BIOS to allow your memory to run faster.

Also be sure your MB has the latest BIOS. If not i would flash to the latest version.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

AMD 965BE 3,4GHz

Unless it is one of the new FX chips you will be limited to 1333mhz with AMD CPU's. You will have to overclock the CPU to get higher frequencies than 1333mhz.

an AMD 945/0955/965 CPU are rated at DDR1333 and would have to be over clocked to get the memory higher.

Archived