Corsair Community

Will I have problems with this CPU cooler and Vengeance Blue RAM?

kimmetje

Hi Everyone,

Hope the Corsair community can help me with this!

Unfortunately it's only after loitering on forums after purchasing parts that I've been advised that there may be a problem with some of my build.

I have ordered a NZXT Phantom 410 computer case, CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B Venceance Ram, ASUS P8Z68-V-Pro Gen 3 motherboard, and an Intel 2500K processor.

I was wondering whether the above configuration would make it impossible to physically fit a Silver Arrow which I had been advised to order for this.

Will this create a problem?

If so, would changing the Silver Arrow to a Frio do anything?

Thanks for your advice and help on this!

Kimmetje

You can use any cooler you want as long as it is compatible with the CPU socket. It does not have to be the Silver Arrow.

My guess is someone recommended it because they have had good results with it, but it is not the only cooler out there.

As far as fitting the ram goes, not sure. You would have to mount the cooler first or get the dimentions from their website and measure around the MB to see if any part of it blocks the RAm slots

Thanks for the feedback! I've decided rather than open the product and risk something, to just send it back and replace it with something a bit more same - Corsair will be happy to hear it's a Corsair H60, so this PC is going to sport a Corsair PSU, Corsair RAM, and Corsair cooler!

Archived