Corsair Community

CMFVY3S-16GB Issues

Littlejets

Hello

I have had my drive for about 6 months now and i have had problems with it, not being recognised by my computer, I sent it back using the RMA method and recieved a replacement which was great.

However, my drive has stopped working again, and the one time I needed the drive to work for a presentation, it let me down.

I am very dissappointed with this drive, as I choose Corsair specifically for your reputation and reliablility.

I do not want to RMA again as it is very time consuming and will outweigh the cost of purchasing the USB in the first place.

Is there anyway this can be fixed?

Each an every one of the 5 times I have submitted an RMA for the poxy 32GB version of this drive (CMFVY3S-32GB) I have stated very clearly that it is the product of a previous RMA and that I am not happy with having spent so much on postage. NOT ONCE have Corsair offered to bear any of the costs for returning it! :mad: Are you living in some mythical fantasy land where customer service and satisfaction mean something?

I submitted my last RMA yesterday. I referenced the previous RMAs. It was approved (RMA #2589830). I will be posting it next week but I have yet to receive any offer to pay for the postage or reimburse any of my previous postage costs and even if they did it doesn't make up for the 5 to 6 week turn around to replace one faulty product with another!

No, I'm not. I live in Brazil, own 6 Corsair Voyagers of various types and sizes, have needed to RMA just one of them (the oldest), a 4 GB blue Voyager after 2 years of heavy use (it had a Prolific controller) and got the replacement (which has a SMI controller, which is much better) in two and a half weeks overall. I'm a quite satisfied customer.

So you have never had your postal costs reimbursed, you have had just one historical return and yet you feel you can advise people that they will get free postage?

I have used Corsair for many years, personally and as a buyer, as a result I have had literally thousands of Corsaor products pass through my hands. I have in the past processed returns but have always been happy with the way they have been dealt with and the failure rate has always at lower end than for other companies I have approved.

My last 2 purchases however have been a shambles.

1) The 30 x Corsair Force Series 3 120 GB SSD drives I authorised have been nothing but a nightmare!! Corsair have now resolved the issues after numerous firmware upgrades but the cost to us as a small company on our reputation and the working hours wasted have been phenomenal! and 2) the CMFVY3S-32GB which I bought personally and have wasted my own time, effort and money in returning.

For me this experience has damaged Corsairs reputation. I will not be buying Corsair for many years to come if ever. I understand as a buyer for a small company I do not get the same level of support as the corporate buyers do but if the Corporates are experiencing the same kind of failure rates and support issues then Corsair, as a company is doomed.

Reputation is everything. A good experience results in repeat business, recommendations and over time vastly increased sales. A customer who has a bad experience though, tells many more of their trauma. It also costs a company much more and takes much longer to win back a customer that has had a bad experience.

Actually, I have just had my 64gb Voyager RMA'd for the second time and although I'm not a happy customer they did indeed arrange for the drive to be picked up by courier at no cost to me. I am yet to receive the replacement so fingers crossed.

Archived