Corsair Community

2.12 Hardware Playback option disables my macro

MezPT

I'm trying to use this for SWTOR.

macros did not work for me (aka keybindings) so I un-installed my software and got the latest version 2.12 .

It has a hardware playback feature. Pre-selection I am able to make a macro for pushing the button F. I can type this macro on notepad just fine.

When I select Hardware Playback, it no longer types the macro on Notepad. No more F's for me.

The macro does not work in game either obviously.

Please throw some money at this software problem, 80 dollars for a GAMING mouse just hasn't been worth it. I'll hold on because it's pretty, but I expect solutions in new patches.

Also, an "update software" option or "search for new versions" option would be great for the UI.

Come on guys, you can do this!!!

HI RAm Guy,

I just received my new K90 today and am seeing the same issue.

When Hardware is enabled, my macros don't work until I sync back to keyboard.

Though this also means that macros recorded on the keyboard don't work until resynced - very painful.

Can you clarify your comment above? I think you mean set 1 profile as Hardware, 1 as software, though the ''Hardware' checkbox appears to be a global setting as far as I can see.

Hope you can help clarify this.

Thanks,

Patrick.

• Corsair Employees

Correct if the hardware playback is clicked, create the macro, then go into Manage profile and save to K90.

I found the best way to organize saved profiles is when you are creating the profile name is create like "BF3 Hardware", or "BF3 Software".

This is will help you organize your profiles in a way so you know which are hardware and which are software.

Hi there,

re

"This is will help you organize your profiles in a way so you know which are hardware and which are software. "

As I wrote above, the option 'Hardware' appears to be global, ie it is affecting ALL profiles. So its either ON for all profiles, or OFF for all profiles.

Again, can you please clarrify this.

Pat.

It doesn't really say if I should:

Click Hardware playback, record macro, save to mouse

or

Record macro, click hardware playback, save to mouse

or

Record macro, save to mouse, click hardware playback

?

And worst of all, what if the mouse almost dies everytime I click hardware playback. It doesn't matter in which order I do things. All button just become left click and when saving to mouse the mouse just goes dead and I have to use a 2nd mouse to uncheck hardware playback och save it back to mouse.

A lot of people have been having this problem.

Is it hardware or software related?

I need to know if I have to get it changed or if I can just wait for a software update.

As far as I can see. 'Hardware Playback' is a global setting.

With it enabled, your Gkeys will only playback whatever profile(s) has been uploaded to the keyboard.

I wouldn't expect that you would toggle it on/off very often. You would generally leave it on or generally leave it off. Toggling it gets confusing.

My frustration is that, when 'Hardware Playback' is enabled, the MR key is pointless because the macro is saved into the software, not the keyboard.

You have to do 'Upload profile' via the software to get the macro you just recorded.

Its no difference to use the MR key in the software. :-/

Pat.

• Corsair Employees

Clicking the hardware playback and have the laser or the buttons not function should not happen. I would suggest we have you re flash the firmware. This is something that has been reported to our software team after the 2.12 update. It seems to be isolated to a select few. Make sure you are using a USB 2.0 port. From a hardware stand point the mouse has been rock solid. I'm expecting because it is a beta that when the final release comes out almost all the issues will be addressed.

Here is a example of hardware playback. Last night I was playing BF3 and want to change up my mouse buttons on the M60. I wanted to assign the "Sniper" button on the side of the mouse to pull out my grenade. Because in BF3 you can only assign the basic buttons windows maps, for the sniper button you have to create a Macro. I created a macro for the mouse button to select a keyboard key "5" which pulls out my grenade. I went back into the game and running the macro through software mode it it not work. BF3 does not use software macro's they need to be hardware driven. Simply going into the software the clicking "Hardware Playback" then going back into the game it now works.

The hardware vs software vs profile, vs saved profile on the mouse can be confusing at times. It may even appear it does not function correctly. After you really start to dive into Macro's and settings you will get the hang of how the software was designed.

Archived