Corsair Community

Having some issues TX750W

demisogi

So I am trying to get this new rig up for my girlfriend but I have been having issues getting the PC to start and I'm guessing its the PSU. Please note this is the 2nd PSU I've gotten so I'm going to say it can't be faulty.

Specs :

Motherboard: m5a88-v evo

PSU:CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 750W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE

Extras:

gtx 550ti

16gigs of corsair vengence.

amd 1100t cpu.

The issue is before pressing the power we can see a green light on the motherboard but when we press the power button the fans begin to spin for a second than turn off. I'm guessing this has to do with the 8Pin connector on the motherboard. Is the 4+4 pin not correct for the 8pin on that mobo even though it fits?

The four + four pin cable used on the eight pin mother board connector is not a problem at all, the wiring to those connectors is very simple and identical, one row of +12V, and one row of grounds. As long as the latch on the connectors are correct, they are fine.

Something else is causing the failure to even POST. You'll need to start disconnecting power from components one at a time and try to start the PC. Such as, remove power from the HDDs, then the video and other cards. Or you could disconnect power from everything except the mother board, and see if the PC will POST.

Do you have the small speaker connected to the board so you can hear POST code beeps, which may help you find the problem.

The four + four pin cable used on the eight pin mother board connector is not a problem at all, the wiring to those connectors is very simple and identical, one row of +12V, and one row of grounds. As long as the latch on the connectors are correct, they are fine.

Something else is causing the failure to even POST. You'll need to start disconnecting power from components one at a time and try to start the PC. Such as, remove power from the HDDs, then the video and other cards. Or you could disconnect power from everything except the mother board, and see if the PC will POST.

Do you have the small speaker connected to the board so you can hear POST code beeps, which may help you find the problem.

Well we ended up using another PSU (1000 watt) and the comp still did the same thing even with only 1 piece of RAM and CPU in (only). I ordered a new CPU 1055T to test and I'll let you know the results.

Archived