Corsair Community

Corsair TX650 V2 died twice

girish78

I assembled a new system for myself and on the second day the Corsair TX 650 V2 started giving problems. My system would restart all of a sudden until I realized that the 12V rail voltage was dropping below 10V due to which the system was restarting. I got the PSU changed and was given a new TX 650 V2. It worked fine and did not have any issues for 7 days. On the 8th day while surfing the Internet, my system shut down and would not start up again. After self diagnosis I realised that the PSU fan was not working. I tried the PSU test as recommended by Corsair to identity the problem. Being a fan of Corsair products, this is the first time I am dissapointed with the TX650 V2 PSU. My older system has the older version of TX 650 and is still working like a charm. As I experienced problem with TX 650V2 and due to limited stock availability of HX 550 PSUs, I ended up getting myself a Seasonic SS-750 JS PSU which is an OEM product. It is working like a charm though.

Not sure whether it is my bad luck or a series of defective PSU's which the retailers have stocked. :[pouts:

• Corsair Employees
Please use the link on the left and request an RMA then call our customer service on Monday Morning after 8:00 AM Pacific Time and let them know you just got the PSU. The number is listed under contact on the main page.

I am from India so I cannot raise any RMA. I reported the issue in this forum to find if anyone can help me find the cause. I am now using a Seasonic SMPS and it is just been 24 hours I haven't experienced any issue. The issue with the first Corsair PSU was different and with the replaced unit was different. If i experience the same issue with this Seasonic PSU, I will be forced to think the issue is with Mobo or something else.

Archived