Corsair Community

Black screen with Asus P5Q3 Deluxe and CMX8GX3M4B1333C9

Jonibigs

Hello,

First i'm a french customer, sorry for my english =)

There's my problem :

I saw on corsair's website the RAM's buying recommendation for my Asus P5Q3 Deluxe, so I bought a 8GB (4x2) kit CMX8GX3M4B1333C9

After installing all the kit in the four slots, I boot my PC and my screen stay black but no error bip from the motherboard, I only heard the hard drive working.

After that I took the old RAM (Corsair 2x1Gb) and checked latest Bios version then put all the options on "default" and tested just one 2Gb Ram of new RAM on one slot... nothing changes : black screen.

I don't know what to do... do you know this compatibility problem ?

I tried but nothing happens... same problem : always the black screen and the lights of my keyboard are off

I know that I succesfuly cleared the CMOS because after trying several slots of the motherboard with new RAM, I've put the old RAM and the BIOS invite me to change settings.

I really don't know what to do :s

Be careful for the P5Q3 Deluxe's users, the CMX8GX3M4B1333C9 couldn't work properly...

• Corsair Employees
What is the version number on the modules? If its Version X.X they should work but if they are version number X.XX they will not work with that MB sorry but there is no way to specify the version number when you order them.

Archived